• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Basic Before and After

SignManiac

Doctors office called to see about a new sign to replace their existing one. This is not an elaborate sign but design wise, it's a vast improvement over what they had. 4'x8' on polymetal done in latex paint except for the names which are done in cast vinyl.

Attachments

• Florida Gastro before.jpg
    Florida Gastro before.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Florida Gastro after.jpg
    Florida Gastro after.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 62

SignManiac

Never had any problems before, but I always scuff up the surface first with a scotch brite pad. Keep in mind, I'm using a reverse weeded paint mask and scuffing only the areas to be painted. Also I have since started using the premium latex with the primer already in it .. It cost a few bucks more but the savings in time and labor make up for the added expense.

SignManiac

I covered the ends with some scrap 3/4" pvc to make it appear closed in. Just a little extra detail to make the 1/8" polymetal look more substantial. The sign looks like its 4" thick.

2B

much improved!

the diamonds and name plates are those raised? if so what did you use? scrap polymetal?

skyhigh

Hah.... I read the title..."BASIC".
I laughed before opening the thread. Nothing you do is ever "basic".

Nice Job.

SignManiac

much improved!

the diamonds and name plates are those raised? if so what did you use? scrap polymetal?

Yes scrap poly for the panels and the diamonds are scrap 1/4" pvc with a very slight edge ease. I have tons of scraps laying around and use them every chance I can. Already bought and paid for! I have $90.00 worth of material in the sign, 10% of the final selling price.

2B

Yes scrap poly for the panels and the diamonds are scrap 1/4" pvc with a very slight edge ease. I have tons of scraps laying around and use them every chance I can. Already bought and paid for! I have $90.00 worth of material in the sign, 10% of the final selling price.

ah the edge ease is where the shadow is coming from, nice attention to the subtle details!

Vinylman

Nice sign, but I would have covered the scabby looking legs with vinyl posts slipped over the old legs. Would add great value and eye appeal.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not only is it a 1000% improvement.... it's brought in two more tenants already............ :wink: