• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bed & Breakfast Sign Design Challenge

SignManiac

I'm fairly certain is was Mr. Whatley who recently suggested another design challenge. So I will get it started. Task is simple, design a hanging post sign. Any shape, color, fonts, materials, techniques such as painted, carved, anything goes. The only thing that must stay constant is a single post with an arm for the sign to hang from. If you think something else needs to be included on the sign different from the specs attached, that's okay too. Get creative.

Everyone should try to participate no what your skill level. Regardless of how yours turns out, you should and probably will learn something new. These challenges will open your eyes to the infinite number of possibilities when approaching design.

So lets first and foremost have some fun! It's been getting pretty testy around here lately. I suspect it's cabin fever or winter blues!

Let's run this for at least a week or more if you're busy. If you don't see the attachment.....

The name is: The Magic Mushroom Bed & Breakfast Est. 1969 Include a Vacancy panel if you like or anything else you think of...Remember Less is More.

Attachments

• mushroom.jpg
    mushroom.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

iSign

well, I think the landscaping can really make a sign sometimes.. so even if the layout isn't a contender.. I think this sign I installed this morning still has a shot.. sure I broke a few of the contest rules.. but look at this weather!! :Big Laugh

bandb.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Any chance setting a deadline for posting and then everyone hold off putting them up until that date? See who comes up with similar ideas without a peek at others work.

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

Here's one. It doesn't feel perfect to me and I'll end up doing another before we're done. Just playing with ideas on this one has me thinking of a few other directions.

Attachments

• magic mushroom.jpg
    magic mushroom.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 344

SignManiac

I would rather everyone just post them up as soon as there done. Otherwise the thread gets buried and some people are never even aware of the challenge or just forget to do it. Past experience has shown me that people rarely do what they say they are going to do. If you want to participate then jump right in.