• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best adhesive to attach polycarbonate sheets to PVC fence

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, but .060 is so flimsy, I doubt anything will keep that in place. Screws will probably just vibrate through after a few windy days. You might wanna think about .188 along with washers if you want some stay-power.

okeesignguy

Hey Everyone,

I have a personal project where I'm trying to adhere .060 polycarb sheeting to a PVC slatted fence to keep debris out of the pool. Since it's a brand new fence I'd rather use an adhesive than hardware. I thought grimco banner tape would hold it at first thought but it failed the next morning, adhering better to the polycarb than the PVC. Next I tried GE clear silicone since I had it out for another project. That worked for a week but failed in a windstorm adhering better to the PVC than the polycarb. Next I would probably try an epoxy but would prefer a single part adhesive so I thought I'd check with you guys first.
3m 5200

netsol

Yeah, but .060 is so flimsy, I doubt anything will keep that in place. Screws will probably just vibrate through after a few windy days. You might wanna think about .188 along with washers if you want some stay

Stainless steel screws, with fender washers, primed & painted white. I often lay 100 fender washers on a piece of cardboard & prime and paint a box at a time.

There are probably 1000 painted washers of common colors in my truck right now.

There are all sorts of self mixing epoxies (in a weird proprietary gun, kind of like a caulking gun) a friend in the auto body business was using one of these, when the rods that were an "exact match" for Hyundai bumpers did not work with his plastic welder.

A personal favorite is pc-11 epoxy (it's white & can be applied UNDER WATER)
Don't leave home without it

T Nichols

Just use a piece of wood, rail...., on the inside to screw through your poly into, between the slats. Squeeze it like a vice. Same way you'd put temp board up in a window opening. Use the bottom rail to support.

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
Just use a piece of wood, rail...., on the inside to screw through your poly into, between the slats. Squeeze it like a vice. Same way you'd put temp board up in a window opening. Use the bottom rail to support.
And paint it white to match the fence!

Don McCormick

Are you concerned about long-term wear and tear? UV Exposure (cracking, fogging). Hard Water Spot Etching (rain, sprinklers, splashing from pool[?]). Just throwing this out there for consideration.

Billct2

What T. Nichols said. If you have a lot of the poly just put it on both sides with bolts in the open spaces and pinch it tight

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Make a bracket that will fasten through the voids in the fence - something t-shaped to clamp between the lexan and the back of the slats. When you want to get rid of it just unbolt and move on to the next project.
We had to make some sell cards that would go onto the wire edge of shelves at a C-store. They wanted double-backed tape but things get changed all the time and the tape did not stick to the wire that great.
We glued an offset t-shaped tab on the back of the cards that would fit through the voids vertically and then when the card is turned horizontal would lock in behind the wire. No glue, no zip ties.