• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee - I Love it!!

TheSellOut

It might be beginners luck but this thing is awesome. I just received a 50" big squeegee yesterday and applied a 3' x 6' and a 4' x 8' graphic, both to Econolite, and had very few bubbles! Yesterday I did have an extra hand but today I just did a 4' x 8' by myself with the same great results!! Great product Dale! I would recommend one to anyone in this industry, especially someone who works by themselves most of the time!!

TheSellOut

Do a search on here and on YouTube for it! One of the members here, I believe his name is Dale, created it. I PM'd him about it with my contact info and he was kind enough to call and talk to me about what size would be best for me to start with!

technowolf

GRATS! I got one and just dont understand it, sometimes its awsome sometimes it sucks bad...Got a real laminator now... a real paradise compare to Big S.

Tim Aucoin

Been using my Big Squeegees every day this week. Laminating 5 signs 18" x 60".... man it's slick. Start to finish... less than 60 seconds each! Silvering all clear this morning... they look fantastic! Mounting vinyl onto magnets today... again with the Big Squeegee! Excellent product. Don't discount it just because you may not understand it. Take the time to learn how to use it and you can't go wrong.

The biggest mistake I used to make was trying to add downwards pressure to "help" the squeegee do it's job. Once I got over the fact that it doesn't need that extra help, I haven't looked back. Traded my laminator for a panel saw!! :thumb::thumb:

Dale is the supplier. His 101 name is signsbydale.

gnatt66

No. I use a length of 1x4 board with felt spray glued to it. It works well, but I wonder if the Big S would work better.

imo it's a little better because it has just the right amount of 'flex' to conform to uneven surfaces. i used it to apply tiled unlaminated panels totalling 77x96 inches yesterday....went perfectly.

TheSellOut

Not sure of the difference but the big squeeg seems to work very well! Now I have been thinking of making a 36" flat model just to see how it works.

S

scarface

The biggest mistake I used to make was trying to add downwards pressure to "help" the squeegee do it's job. Once I got over the fact that it doesn't need that extra help, I haven't looked back. Traded my laminator for a panel saw!! :thumb::thumb:

Dale is the supplier. His 101 name is signsbydale.

Are you still lifting the BS up to a 45 degree angle or what? I can laminate things decently but every once and a while i goof up with bubbles

TheSnowman

Best tool in my shop, all sizes are used all day everyday. I did six two sided 4' X 4' signs with it today.

TheSellOut

Its just a pvc board with felt on it...

Actually, there is no felt on it...at least the one I received, it's like a medical tape. From what I have seen, people add the felt but I really like what is on it now. Techno, you are right though, it is a quite simple design but very effective...those are some of the best!! Just like the those things they came up with to hang xmas lights from your gutters, it's just a piece of plastic, but it makes life much easier.

Thanks everyone for the good words. What a great birthday present!

HaPpY BiRtHdAy DALE!! and thank you for an amazing product! To me, it really makes applying vinyl to boards excitingly fun again, much like when i first started stacking vinyl! Before I would have prints laying all around the place just waiting to get applied. Now I just apply them without even thinking twice...which makes my production much faster...in turn making me money much faster! Thanks again and Enjoy your Birthday!