• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

business card layout

signage

Here is an idea I have for a business card layout, which one do you like?

Attachments

• card ides.jpg
    card ides.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 299

signmeup

Brian,

Don't listen to James. :biggrin: It needs work. It's very hard to tell what the items are in the pictures. I think you need a cleaner less colourful/cluttered design. It's not very professional looking. The customer may be asking for this stuff. If that is the case you have my sympathy. To start, I would ditch the rainbow.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

I hate to say it but I would abandon everything you've got there. I think you've gone off in the wrong direction with it. Start over with something completely different and just see where it takes you.

signmeup

Here's a suggestion. Put the laundry list on the back. You could to the entire front of the card on the back in pale gray with the laundry list over it.

Attachments

• KenMarSm.jpg
    KenMarSm.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 203

omgsideburns

the problem with those A/C cutouts is no one will know what they are....... if you're going to put an A/C unit on there, put what everyone see's and recognizes. The colors are not bold enough, if you're going to go rainbow, go full blown rainbow, but you better find some contrast.

Try for something that makes sense. EVERY Heating & Air design I see has the red/blue fade or divide, with icons to symbolize hot and cold. Unfortunately the guys name doesn't give you anything to work off of, so you have to come up with the image on your own, not everyone wants dragons and clouds though.

Sometimes it's best to close the file and start all over again.. maybe sketch something out on paper until you get a new idea. The problem with designing on the computer is UNDO.

I can't give you the ideas, that's your job, but I can help tell you what's wrong.

D&Tgraphics

Sorry Brian, You need to start over. You must get rid of that cloud and dragon. They're awful. I like the direction signmeup is going. If you need to use pics of equipment, find a pic that doesn't show the guts and put it off to the side, not behind.

SignManiac

Personally I would have gone with butterflies and fairies just to be different.
As stated already, everyone uses rainbows and dragons.

signmeup

Butterflies and fairies? Didn't have a Fairy handy....... threw in a fade instead. :biggrin:

Attachments

• KenMar2sm.jpg
    KenMar2sm.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited: