• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business card layout

ocean502

Your opinion would be great.. thx

Attachments

• WCE  business card.jpg
    WCE business card.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 128

SKADSIGNS

I like the colors and layout!!!! That Iron Cross is getting worn out big time. The name and logo are absolutly not original but that is what you have to work with. I'd try to get them to go with something else as far as a logo.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
definitely needs NEW fonts...and i think this is a card that would work better in a portrait layout....

i don't like that the #s don't line up with the name....it just doesn't sit right

can barely ready "commercial and residential"...

ditto on the overused maltese....but if it must be used: try putting the lic# under the maltese instead of on the side (it'll be more symmetrical that way)

switch up the colors a bit too....i'm a fan of black/white/red being used together, but there's just isn't enough contrast here....nothing is really jumping out...and it should!

CES020

Nothing on the design side, but when I get cards that have aol.com or hotmail.com or yahoo.com on them, I throw them in the trash. I also have been to several events where people are speaking on large contracts and they all have said the same thing.

Some friendly advice to him might be that he needs to have his own email address, even if it's forwarding to his free email. What's it cost, $5 a month?

ocean502

He has had the same logo for 10 years. Been looking for a graffiti font, for commercial residential, but I can't seem to find anything more readable that sticks out, that doesn't take over the card. Like the portrait idea, and didn't know that about aol...why is that?

Doyle

Um, this looks like a generic layout/logo for a tattoo shop or motorcycle shop, not a professional electrician. Just saying I would try to push the customer towards a more professional image, this just doesn't cut it.

And if you are stuck with using the west coast choppers logo, I would at least try to find a better font for "ELECTRIC" and "Commercial & Residential"

B Snyder

When I think of professional or classy iron crosses and graffiti never enter my mind but if he's targeting that small percentage of the population that appreciate those sort of things then I guess it'll work.

CES020

and didn't know that about aol...why is that?

It's not just AOL, it's free email accounts. It tells customers several things about your business, and most of those things are synonymous with "I'm not a professional".

Free email accounts on business cards are the equivalent of saying "I'm doing this on the side while I try and start up a business while working full time for someone else".

I do not know ANY professionals that use free email accounts on their business cards. Not to say there aren't some, but I do a lot of networking and I see 100's of business cards a week and I've never seen one that was from a reputable company that had a free email address on it. However, I have seen dozens of them that were from people who ran side businesses.

That's all my personal observation, and I'm sure someone will come on and say they have been using a hotmail account for 10 years and it's on all their marketing material. Might be, but I've not seen it.

B Snyder

I used my company's web address email for 5 years and GMail for the last 5. Nobody forgets or misspells GMail. If I've ever lost a potential customer because they read something into my email address they're probably not the sort of client I'd want.

Jillbeans

I'd worry about a lawsuit from West Coast Choppers.
But that aside, in the cross I would make the font all the same (let's say it's Ironwood or whatever that's called) and tighten up West and Coast into Electric.
On the name, use all the same font (let's say it's Impact) because it's more legible.
Try making West Coast in caps and lower case and stacking it on top of Electric in all-caps.
Never use a display font in all caps as you have done with Residential & Commercial.
I think I'd lose the fax #, and I think I'd try it with the logo on the right.
Love.....Jill

CES020

and GMail for the last 5. Nobody forgets or misspells GMail. If I've ever lost a potential customer because they read something into my email address they're probably not the sort of client I'd want.

Glad to see I was accurate in my prediction.

That's all my personal observation, and I'm sure someone will come on and say they have been using a hotmail account for 10 years and it's on all their marketing material. Might be, but I've not seen it.

I think you'd be more than happy to get to the customers that told me they delete emails that come to them from free accounts. And it wasn't one person, it was at a purchasing agent conference setup to get new vendors. They said if you want to do business with them, do not send them emails from free email accounts like hotmail, AOL, etc. I didn't make it up, I just reported what I was told.

Mosh

I'd worry about a lawsuit from West Coast Choppers

Jesse james then should worry about a lawsuit fron the Knights of Malta, seeing how that is a Maltees cross. Also used by the Germans later in history.....

B Snyder

Glad to see I was accurate in my prediction.

I think you'd be more than happy to get to the customers that told me they delete emails that come to them from free accounts. And it wasn't one person, it was at a purchasing agent conference setup to get new vendors. They said if you want to do business with them, do not send them emails from free email accounts like hotmail, AOL, etc. I didn't make it up, I just reported what I was told.

I believe you. 4over.com won't let you open a reseller account if the email address you supply ends in @AOL, @hotmail, etc...
The truth is I haven't advertised or marketed my business in over 7 years. All new clients have been the result of a referral. So, in my situation, if a current customer of mine refers someone to me and shares my business card with them I think their testimonial says more about me and my services than my "@gmail.com" address.

Dan Antonelli

If I'm a homeowner, and my wife is home with the kids and needs an electrician - you can bet I'm not calling that guy. My expectation would be him having tattoos, and showing up in a Harley.

If more clients let designers design for their target audience instead of their own personal tastes, you'd have more successful businesses, and ultimately, happier clients once they saw the results.

astro8

Tell him straight out his logo stinks and you're going to design him something far more appropriate for his business...that stuff has gotta go.

He's doing his business no favors by projecting that image.

Why is it that so many clients try and inject some 'badass' into everything?

Techman

It's not just AOL, it's free email accounts. It tells customers several things about your business, and most of those things are synonymous with "I'm not a professional".

Free email accounts on business cards are the equivalent of saying "I'm doing this on the side while I try and start up a business while working full time for someone else".

I totally disagree.

There is no badge of honor in email snobbery. Very few people if any really care about a particular email address. In fact, the only place I ever saw any actual snobbery in email addresses are in sign forums. Never once did I ever see or hear any disparagement of any one using a free email account in any other marketing forum or in actual usage.

I would like to see some actual statistics on email addresses verses free addresses. I personally never even heard of it except in sign forums.