• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can a Damper be too full?

Graphics2u

I've seen alot of posts about how a damper should be roughly half full of ink. My magenta Dampers appear to be comepletely full. Will this cause problems? and if so what kind of problems?

Thanks

Jack Knight1979

when i bought my roland all the heads were full. After I had to change them they went half full.

I prefer full dampers and have seen no difference between half or full.

Graphics2u

Can overpressurize the head and cause improper droplet formation and ink to drip
I second that Mr. randya
so it would cause too much ink possibly (Drips) instead of streaking in the print that looks like quite a few nozzles all quit at once?
I just changed these dampers a couple months ago thinking they were partially clogged causing ink starvation. They were half full when I put it all back together and now they are almost completely full.

cdiesel

Full dampers won't necessarily cause problems, but could mean that thay are becoming clogged. If you're having issues you may want to switch them out.

randya

so it would cause too much ink possibly (Drips) instead of streaking in the print that looks like quite a few nozzles all quit at once?
I just changed these dampers a couple months ago thinking they were partially clogged causing ink starvation. They were half full when I put it all back together and now they are almost completely full.

Ink that leaks out uncontrolled can pool on the bottom of the head and prevent droplets from forming properly or exactly like the drop out you are describing.

It sounds like you have a problem somewhere in the ink system that is overpressurizing the dampers.

Are you running a bulk ink system?
3rd Party inkset?

Graphics2u

Ink that leaks out uncontrolled can pool on the bottom of the head and prevent droplets from forming properly or exactly like the drop out you are describing.

It sounds like you have a problem somewhere in the ink system that is overpressurizing the dampers.

Are you running a bulk ink system?
3rd Party inkset?
No it's all OEM

randya

To see if ink leakage is your problem, you will need to print until the problems starts and then stop the printer (lift cover) and slowly move the head down to the far left end of the printer and take a flashlight and look on the bottom of the head.

If there is a pool of magenta on the bottom of the head, this pool will block certain nozzles.