• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can i paint this???

slappy

This is already installed. It faces the sun and is fading and the vinyl is all cracked and needs replaced.

Can i paint the existing stand and if so with what because it will need re-lettered with vinyl after.

How long should I wait after it is painted?

I would like to do something cause there will be a ghost shadow when the vinyl does get replaced. Not the same info going on either.

Or should i just layer a piece of vinyl over it and re-letter. (they actually suggested that one)

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Attachments

• paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 73

Marlene

if you can overlay it with vinyl rather than paint, that would work. if you paint it how are you going to do that? roll it on? if, so that should work if you clean it off really good and roll the paint on in thin layers. I wouldn't use latex paint

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sure, you can paint it. However, doing it out the field might be a little beyond your capabilities.

According to what color it's gonna be, cut to size an overlay, paint it in your shop, letter it and then go put it over the old one. Much easier, more cost effective and longer lasting.

TammieH

Or, take it off the posts, strip the vinyl, and if it is beyond your capabilities, take it to a professional to paint.

Or, cover with a print after stripping vinyl and try like hell to get the green correct in your print.

OldPaint

SEEMS TO ME, that sign is part of a complex. yes? no? most place have a MAINTENANCE DEPT. if they do, get them to scrape off the old vinyl, REPAINT IT WITH EXACTLY the same color paint..........then you come back after about a week and apply the vinyl...........