• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cannot open eps file

trusso

Hi,

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to view /import/open an eps file in my signmaking software.

The customer is ready to go to someone else to have their sign made of their logo... I can't open it. I also have a pdf, eps and jpg version but my software won't let me import or autotrace them.

Any ideas.
I attached the jpg version of the file, it wouldnt let me upload the eps file....can anyone else import it and autotrace it? Do you think it needs saved in an earlier version? I asked the designer to do that but they haven't sent me another one and the customer is anxious.

Thanks so much!
Tracy

Attachments

• UniqPers Final Logo.jpg
    UniqPers Final Logo.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 127

trusso

btw - I have flexi/lxi software.

Do you all think I need an adobe product also, in addittion to my signmaking software? And if so, what do you recommend. I have a small shop that does mainly typography (font) work for interior signs with the removable vinyl (631).

Thanks!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK

eps files are a cantankerous lot. How you work with it depends on the program that created it. If it won't open using the "open" command then try to import it into your program. Sometimes it's the other way around.

Good luck!

trusso

what do you mean? That is the fonts they used? Thanks!

I could redo it, but it still wont let me autotrace (vectorize?) the flower. When I try to it says, "Only RGB Format can be autotraced." :(

trusso

Thank you - I was trying to import so I tried open and that worked, however it says there are no cuttable objects and if I try to autotrace/vectorize it it says "Only RGB Format can be autotrace" :(

Any idea how to get around that or why it says that...?

Thanks!

trusso

because I don't know how :( I'm so new to all this graphic/design stuff - if that will work, I will. Any tips on how to do that?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I suck at Flexi and spend as little time as possible in there.

But, when learning new software, when trying to do anything with an element double click on it and see what happens. The right click on it and see what happens. Most software will have the most used built in shortcuts right there. Next click on an obect and use your menus.

I would suggest reading the manul, viewing this site (www.givemehelp.com) and taking a class from Mark Rugen. Knowing what you can do is half the battle. Flexi does alot of things well but 10 years of Corel and I can't stand Flexi.

thewood

What version of Flexi do you have? It sounds like you will need to save the .eps as an earlier version in order to import it into Flexi. Look into buying Adobe Illustrator for conversions like these.

In order to convert the bitmap into RGB mode in Flexi, go to Bitmap>Color Mode. Although, the easiest method would be to convert the supplied art into an .eps that Flexi will import.

Jackpine

An eps files can be vectors, bitmaps or both in the same file. Try to copy and paste into your design software. I would have a problem with the customer not sending a good quality file. I would recreate the file since the image is simple and Shovelhead gave you the fonts to use.