• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cartoonizing?

laserman70

If its a word..
Is there a good cartoonizing software out there?
Or some good ways of doing it?
thanks for the help...

10sacer

Need to be more specific with what it is you want to do...

Are you looking to just take a photo and "cartoonize" it?

Theres a gajillion ways to do that on the internet. Theres even one on Facebook to create your own avatar

WildWestDesigns

Illustrator and/or Draw will do it, it just has to fit your particular style of "drawing". Deaton and Weasleboogie are very well adapt at it. There might be filters or other "add-ons" that might do the work automatically though for those programs, maybe even for Photoshop as well.

I think you'll get far better results if you or someone else is able to do the drawing.

Jillbeans

Hire a real person. There are still a few things a computer can't do.
Deaton, Weasel, as others suggest.
Both are excellent.
Love....Jill

OldPaint

this is a deaton caricature of me..........when you want it done right, let a professional DO IT!!!

Attachments

• COREL 023.jpg
    COREL 023.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 103
  • COREL 027s.jpg
    COREL 027s.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 138

mountaingraphic

It appears that the "cartoon" style can be used in various terms depending on your expected outcome. Are you wanting bubbly text which appears to have a characture style enlargment or just a colored pencil overlay?

mountaingraphic

this is a deaton caricature of me..........when you want it done right, let a professional DO IT!!!

You look very similar to my electronics professor in college. But agreed Deaton does amazing work and very Thankful that I live close enough to see his work first hand.

dortonracing

alright so my question sort of goes along with this one. I'm wanting to take real pictures of some of my customers racing and turn them in to a cartoon/clipart design for the shirts, I have seen many of this shirts running around the pits and for sale all over, i will post a few samples as well.

Attachments

• shirt car show.jpg
    shirt car show.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 106
  • shirt race.jpg
    shirt race.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 136
  • shirt truck pull.jpg
    shirt truck pull.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 106

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Joe Diaz did similar work with cars sometime back. There is also someone on here that drew sprint cars as vectors with a similar look but cannot remember the name. Also contact signmeup, another member

dortonracing

so your saying someone hand draws this just like the real truck? all the details and everything from a real photo?

Attachments

• shirt tow.jpg
    shirt tow.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 130

Zazzess

That takes time and have to understand light and shadow :)
I would do that with Ai by doing several layers... Colors, strokes, lights, shadows... those are masterpieces :D