• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Company truck wrap design - Tear it apart!

OldPaint

401, what would really be interesting..........
HOW you came to buy a printer
WHY you are in this business
WHAT TRAINING/EDUCATION you have in design/art.
at this point it just proves some people in this business shouldnt be..............

Speedsterbeast

Here we go

at this point it just proves some people in this business shouldnt be..............
Must have been nice to be perfect on your first day on the job old paint. Some of us come here to learn, others come here to share wisdom. While some come here to be as *** and vent the misery in their own lives on people who they don't even know. Fortunately most of us fit into the first two categories.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Whoah whoah whoah.....you mean to tell me 401graphics .COM was taken sooo you just used .NET ? (very small on your layout)
People are going to go to the .com site instead many times...and that site sucks. But at least it's not just a Facebook page.
Do yourself a favor and get a real website with a .com suffix.
And...as for your wrap design...Less is More.

PRS Bryan

Must have been nice to be perfect on your first day on the job old paint. Some of us come here to learn, others come here to share wisdom. While some come here to be as *** and vent the misery in their own lives on people who they don't even know. Fortunately most of us fit into the first two categories.

Some people just use critiques as an excuse to be a jerk. It is hidden under the guise of "tough love" but really it is just an outlet for their free floating aggression and frustration. If the reviewed becomes offended then they "can't handle the truth" only reinforcing the idea that the jerk is actually the only one with the balls to speak the truth.

In the end the jerk is ignored, or in this case tolerated and patted on the head like the willful child they resemble.

HulkSmash

Old Paint. I haven't honestly seen a good design from you. So you shouldn't be throwing rocks.

401 does good work. You must live in a glass house.

TammieH

I keep thinking, if I keep looking at it I will eventually find a kitchen sink.

I have not read any other replies...
My opinion...you have too much going on.
and you do not need to list everything you do.

How many trucks have you lettered and tried to at least hint to the customer, they do not need so much copy.

401Graphics

Don't worry I'm not offended by any of the negative comments. i've been on here long enough to know who to take seriously when it comes to opinions.

Anyways here are a few layouts that Gary (bikecomedy) did for me today.
Looking for opinions on these.
I like the last one the best. Gary suggested I use flat black for the top half of the truck, and wrap the hood in carbon fiber. Which i think would look pretty damn cool.
So what do you guys think of the overall design, and also the logo?
What would you change?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• truck-graphics-ver-7.jpg
    truck-graphics-ver-7.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 94
  • truck-graphics-ver-8.jpg
    truck-graphics-ver-8.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 99
  • truck-graphics-ver-9.jpg
    truck-graphics-ver-9.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 114
  • truck-graphics-ver-10.jpg
    truck-graphics-ver-10.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 80

SignManiac

Each one is a vast improvement over your original submission. I can't pick any of them as my style would be different if it were my project. But I'm glad to see you have thick skin and as a result, you will eventually end up with a nice looking truck when all is said and done :thumb:

401Graphics

Yes, please everybody forget about the original design. I now see it was horrendous, and i thank you all for opening my eyes!

HulkSmash

We don't advertise "signs" We're more of a big print company. I don't remember the last time we've actually done a "sign"

We do a ton of wraps, but also a ton of just flatbed work, and straight POP.

401Graphics

We don't advertise "signs" We're more of a big print company. I don't remember the last time we've actually done a "sign"

We do a ton of wraps, but also a ton of just flatbed work, and straight POP.
So what do you think i should put on the truck Adam? I do make signs, but not all types of signs. I don't do electrical signs (just the faces), also dont do dimensional signs. I wouldn't say I specialize in wraps since i only have a few under my belt, But obviously that is gonna change after this wrap (i hope). I wouldn't say I specialize in apparel since i can only do small runs in house because i dont screen print. So i guess its a little of everything. So how do I go about making that known on the truck?

John Butto

This has to be worked out more but time is money and since there is no money there is no time.
I like your first layout more than the second, that second with the signs has been used more than the splatter. All you need to emphasize is the 401 and webpage, and the word graphic, well we have all been over that before.

bikecomedy

Love both your designs John. Very creative. Impressed they were done while holding a cup of coffee. ;)

Questioning the idea of not using something because it's been done a lot... Thinking about maybe it's used a lot because it works. Which made me think about marketing research into what makes a person respond to a sign, a vehicle sign. Take action and contact you and pursue any questions, doubts or objections about your product or service. Which in turn lead me to... is there a current study about car wraps and their proper design for maximum effect? Or do we use our old studies about brick and mortar locations and our experience with vehicle signage over the years?

So does any one know of a scientific study that has tried to deduce the way to design vehicle signage in the most effective way? I Googled and found things about cost effectiveness. Not what I was looking for. Any ideas?

My thoughts for a sign shop vehicle would that is be a showcase for the many types of things you do with respect to vehicles and signs while still delivering the message. How many times has a client wanted to see what it would look like? Take them out and show them on your shop wrap. When I show clients the shop vehicle it often closes the sale.

Show:
color changing
partial wrap
full wrap
graphics design
sign design
how transitions are handled (door handles, windows, lights, etc.)
custom cutting
seams
materials
I must be missing a few....need to get to the coffee. :)

Billct2

The USSC may have some applicable data. But shouldn't the basic criteria be: can you read/understand it (in the average viewing time)?