• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CoroPlast Printer

hollywoodhd

A work in progress!
I want to directly print to coroplast. What would be the best printer for this? I am very new I want to print bumper stickers also any ideals?

SignManiac

I would recommend the HP Scitex FB7500 Printer. It will keep up with a good volume of coroplast signs with no problem at all.

hollywoodhd

A work in progress!
This is amost as bad as I want a sign how much?

Give us more info, size limit, number of colors etc.

O well! I am green grass about printers.

4 by 8 coroplast 4 color printer down to printing yard signs and bumper stickers if possible or is coroplast printer completely different from vinyl printer

By the way don't bother me to get flamed, just looking for answers and I don't know about the equipment plus don't know the right question to ask. I am reading and researching that is why I am here.

So if anyone want to flame me go ahead I am dum on this subject matter

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Mouahahaha.....

I bet they're VERY attractively priced these days.

not a bad idea, really... they're going to be a lot cheaper than what we paid for one and Gerber has assured me they are keeping a full stock of parts for them and ink supplies will not dry up in five years like many are babbling, and the ink has the best adhesion to coro.

I'd say, not a bad idea...

Plus, if you're going to print coro (and other stuff, even decal material), then the flatbed concept is far superior to any pinch-roller transport system. I've had both and will never go back to a hybrid printer.

If you have to do banners, get the roll-to-roll option -it works just as well as the Colorspan 72UVR we had.

signage

How are you going to cut your printed coroplas sheets down after you print them to get your yard signs?

Now you need a flat bed cutter or a CNC router!

hollywoodhd

A work in progress!
First question you need to ask yourself is if you're doing enough coro work to justify $80,000+ for a printer.

Nope! None! All I have done is a little Vinyl work nothing great just getting into the business.

I may start looking for a place to sub out the coro and just get a printer for vinyl that way I can do the stickers and banners.

Just looking at all options.

grafixemporium

Hollywood... newbies catch a lot of flack around here. Some members don't react well to newbies coming in and asking a bunch of questions about stuff it has taken them a whole career to learn. They should probably just come out and tell that to all newbies when you apply for membership. Most of your questions can probably be answered by searching the forums. However, if you choose to ask the questions, be prepared to endure the flames.

So... the fact is, until you are generating TONS of coroplast sign business, it's probably not in your best interest to invest a ton of capital in the equipment to do it. Instead, invest in a piece of equipment that is versatile and can be used for a larger variety of projects.

We have a 54" Roland VP540 printer. The possibilites are limitless with a printer like this. Among a million other things, we can print to adhesive vinyl and apply it to coroplast (or any other substrate) for short runs of signs. We can produce virtually any size and any quantity a customer needs. However, at some point, it's not worth the time to do it in house. If a customer needs 100+ 18x24 coro signs, it ends up being cheaper for us to outsource it. So that's what we do.

Where...

The only merchant member I have personal experience with in coro printing... I-45 Signs in Houston. Lucky for us, they are just a few miles down the road! Lucky for you, they ship all over the US.

By the way, to save you a little heartache, if you simply post an introduction and tell everyone who you are and what you do, you will likely get a bit warmer of a reception. Oh, and since we are all in the printing business in some form or fashion, we HATE spelling and grammatical errors. Post with caution ;)

Good Luck!

Andrew

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Oh, and don't let Jillbeans catch you using the word "stickers". She will be picking her teeth with one of your rib bones. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, you can get exact answers and a ton of patience from most dealers. If you have any current supplier who handles the items you mentioned bounce your wishlist off of them. If not then search online to locate someone near you. A visit to a demo room could answer tons of questions you haven't even thought of yet.

It's not so much that no one here will assist but more that a dealer will ask you for the information you have not revealed.

Alternative B would be to provide a brief history of your current business, how you would like to expand and what products you are hoping to provide. This information and an idea of your budget will get you feedback in a hurry.

It really is a good forum but remember alot of these folks come here to help and get beat up by a seemingly endless line of end users posing as businesses.

:popcorn:Your ball.