• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Covid Sick Time?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
The truly sad part about what most of y'all are saying is....... this is like that, because that is like this and everything in between has about as much credibility as a rock for a toothbrush. In today's world, exspcially the more recent one, something either IS or ISN'T..... it's not like.
Well that's because similes and metaphors are the lowest form of persuasive speech...
SO, what Gino is saying is that "most of ya'll" buy into the lowest form of persuasive speech.

gino, are you calling most of us idiots? lol

CanuckSigns

so one guy sells the story to the news outlets?
yes exactly. the 24 hour news cycles mean that news companies are constantly looking for cr@p to fill the air with/ publish on their sites, in order to do that, some news companies will lower their standards of journalism to get there, kind of like how I lower my pricing if I really need the work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
yes exactly. the 24 hour news cycles mean that news companies are constantly looking for cr@p to fill the air with/ publish on their sites, in order to do that, some news companies will lower their standards of journalism to get there, kind of like how I lower my pricing if I really need the work.
Hahahahaaaaa............. kinda like the liberal news stations ?? :dog42:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
its like we are living in a world full of national enquirer. I'm reminded of men in black. they get all the news from the national enquirer. but truly we don't get any good news anymore.
people take an "opinion" piece and turn it into "they want to stifle us", when it's one person who said "I think we should not give 1% of the population a voice". Suddenly they are the loudest voice and only one person made that statement but it got sold so many times that now it's reality.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
There are promoted pieces too

victor bogdanov

Capture.JPG

Notarealsignguy

WSJ is still a good source of news.
Chastise me here but most major news sources are good. Its the opinion pieces and the sideline guys that aren't and every one of them have those mixed in. Good news gives you information and not conclusions/opinions but there's not enough of it to engage people for any extended period of time so in comes the bullshit. Contrary to popular opinion, bias runs on both sides but people's own biased views don't allow them to see it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Chastise me here but most major news sources are good. Its the opinion pieces and the sideline guys that aren't and every one of them have those mixed in. Good news gives you information and not conclusions/opinions but there's not enough of it to engage people for any extended period of time so in comes the bullshit. Contrary to popular opinion, bias runs on both sides but people's own biased views don't allow them to see it.
No no no... Sometimes I'll see the same story on multiple news outlets, and the depth is far better on WSJ or Finical Times than on any other source. CNN, Fox News, CNBC, local newspaper... you'll get 25-50% of the story VS if you see it on WSJ or FT. I'm obviously excluding opinion pieces. I won't read that stuff, even on WSJ. I don't want to be persuaded when I read the news.

Notarealsignguy

Tell me you're just joshing...............
Nope. There is still unbiased news out there albeit harder to find. The 24 hour news cycle and tight market has caused the "news" to turn into reality TV. It's all about ratings = $$
were inching up there..... 2nd place isnt first but beats last

signage

It's all about the $$.....and the one in charge to see how far they can make you do what they want you to do. As far as news they don't fact check before inital reporting, if they do it at all!