• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desperate for NEW Starcraft Logo

Sign One

Hi- We are making an 8' X 16' billboard with 3 pictures of boats for a client, The client provided me with Mastercraft and Odyssey logos, but says the vendor did not have .eps of the new Starcraft Boats Logo, I got the old one at brands of the world, but it isn't the same- I will have to scan it, but that port on my workhorse is shot and I have to replace it, anyone has any clue of where to find the new logo- here is an image of what I need, I know Vector Dr won't do logos, i could try another co. but they take LONG time sometimes, want to put this baby together Monday- Any help gr8tly appreciated!

Sign One

Here is the file!

Thanks again

Attachments

• starcraft 285scrhorizontal.jpg
    starcraft 285scrhorizontal.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 266

Flame

Try getting the image into your computer by saving the logo onto a jump drive or a CD. Then proceed...

This one looks easy. Even if you take this low quality thumbnail into CorelDraw, you could probably work with it. Instead of trying the typical vectorizing tools, use your pen tools and draw around the shape of each letter and image. It will probably take under an hour, bill the customer because they couldn't supply you with a good image, and you're set to go!!! Flexi has good tracing tools too, and you could just trace it out, clean it up, and you have your image! I still prefer to hand trace images 90% of the time, and remember, it's all billable work!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Sign One said:
I know Vector Dr won't do logos, i could try another co. but they take LONG time sometimes, want to put this baby together Monday- Any help gr8tly appreciated!

Huh? I do logo recreations every day.

Sign One

Sorry- I thought I read that you won't in the list of things you will and won't can and can't do- I will be sending it, it will need to be done rather quickly, but you were VERY fast last time- Thanks Eric

Flame

Shovelhead said:
to be in this business if YOU can't recreate that logo.

Sure he does. Everyone has their talents and some stuff that they can't do. Don't forget that some newbies may have problems just learning how to start up their plotter. Everyone has more to learn. And yes, that means you too Shovelhead.:biggrin:

Shovelhead

Sorry Flame.....

basic vectorization and logo recreation are required in my book.
Thanks for the tip though.

Flame

Shovelhead said:
basic vectorization and logo recreation are required in my book.
Thanks for the tip though.

He also said that he was having problems getting into his work computer. That would slow ANYONE down re-creating it. While I would think if his scanner wasn't working, he could always transfer the file via a USB port or a CD, maybe he can't. We don't know all the variables. I'm fairly new myself, and have run into dumb issues before. It's all a learning curve. When I first got my printer, I could barely even get it to turn on. It took me 2-3 weeks, but now I'm going though atleast 50 yards of vinyl a week printing with it. Just took me a little while.:smile:

Techman

How about a paper, pencil and an artists curve. This one should take but 15 mins to reproduce by hand. Then take it the nearest copy shop and enlarge it .

Nutin hard about this one.

WVB

I am with shovelhead on this one. People who do not know about our software/machines have no business trying to start one up. Who in their right mind starts up a business with no research behind it? Try getting a job at a sign shop first to learn the in's and out's. At least take classes at your local community college on the software needed. Granted signlab or flexi will not be available but corel and illustrator sure as heck will be.

Assuming you still need this and that you do not want to make an attempt to clean up a crappy jpeg, you can take the "clean" stuff and have it scanned at a Kinkos, etc.

We have been in that boat (pardon the pun), and their 24 hr. operations are an added bonus.

Shovelhead

The first step when recreating for me.....

is to figure out what the font is and then distort accordingly........
smooth sailing after that.

Geary

Exactly Mr. Harley Man! I could recreate that in about 1/2 hour or less. Blow the jpg up for a template....lock it in a sub layer....and have at it on top of it. Extend Helvetica Demi or Arial (whichever is closer) convert to paths, tweak away. The icon part of the logo is about 5 minutes worth of work. Piece o' cake.... ala mode! :wink:

Sign One

OK enough already!

I have been working with Graphix Advantage on an old Aptiva for 10 years, I do the scan to vector and clean er up- my port is gone for my scanner, I do have a new computer and AI and another sign software program, but haven't had the time to master it, just too busy with 4 kids, a 2 year old granson who lives with us and a VERY busy mom & pop shop. I will be upgrading to Omega soon, but not yet, will be learning more about drawing programs, but haven't yet, I have been making signs for ten years and my partner Steve has been at it for nearly 25 and started out with with the gerber 4b with no screen even.. I am not a Newbie, but like my partner Steve says
"Sometimes, it's not what you know, it's who you know." :wink:
Anyway, Vector Dr. Rules, and Thanks Eric. Asta

Geary

So whatever...just for shidz and giggles here's what I did in 20 minutes. On the house.....hehe

Attachments

• STARCrafty.pdf
    12.6 KB · Views: 222

Sign One

No Thanks

I wasn't asking for a freebie, the Dr. was in and all is well- I will certainly not ask for help again on this board- a lot of you guys are a bunch of pompous know it alls!