• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Did i charge enough?

Mosh

•What material
•1 or two 2 sides
•Vinyl, screened, printed

Sounds cheap whatever it was.....

ActualGrafix

oops here is the pic

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 101

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If that was for all six.... then you did fine. If that was each, then you're a thief.

How long have you been making signs and you don't have a clue on this one ??:help

dwt

Unless they buy a huge number of these I'd charge a little more. Especially for the amount of time to assemble.

If he's a good mechanic you might trade labor by the hour plus materials.

B Snyder

I charged $18 ea. for these signs. Was that enough?
6 signs were made.
18x24

Start to finish....from order taking to delivery, how much time did you have invested?

My hourly shop rate is $70. Assuming the materials and supplies were free, if the job took longer than 1.5 hours between taking the order take and delivery I'd have lost money.

S

scarface

Start to finish....from order taking to delivery, how much time did you have invested?

My hourly shop rate is $70. Assuming the materials and supplies were free, if the job took longer than 1.5 hours between taking the order take and delivery I'd have lost money.

Wow, i would have printed and mounted for at least $27 each. There is way too many colors to be doing cut vinyl but if you don't do printing it's understandable.

B Snyder

Wow, i would have printed and mounted for at least $27 each. There is way too many colors to be doing cut vinyl but if you don't do printing it's understandable.

I didn't even realize the OP made these in cut vinyl...couldn't tell on my little netbook screen. I would definitely print/lam these too and I'd be at ~$42 each....3 hours + marked-up materials and supplies.

Craig Sjoquist

guess it might depend on your area

if one side .. I thought well wonder what they look like etc ok price then
but then I saw them few colors lots of copy thought thats kinda cheap
then 2 sides and above way to cheap

but how much can you get for something thats going to sit of the road less then 2 blocks from business might be gone in a day or so

next time cut the copy way down and one color make it a simple job this would be more effective for customer...try to get them to buy 100 and screen print them at $25 each

ActualGrafix

ok people, i dont have screens or a wide format printer otherwise i would have just printed them. The customer requested these colors against my recommendation. I just worked with what i have. But thanks for the input.

B Snyder

Tell me how long the job took I'll tell you if I think you charged enough. Isn't that what you wanted to know?

S

scarface

that's $54 hour but still, it way too cheap. You should be that for 1 color, 1 sided IMO

Jillbeans

You could have charged a lot more, and should have.
That's a lot of weeding and colors.
I'd rather sit on my couch eating Fritos than give those away for $18 each.
Love....Jill