• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dont even want to do this!

ABPGraphics

Here it is.....I have been working along side a body shop for about a year.....In that time my boss wanted me to come up with some ideas for a logo.......PLEASE remember I am not a logo creator, but more a logo duplicator.....I did the best I could (best for Me), ( not for U guys)....I know they are poor in comparison to the great stuff I have witnessed here.......attached see some of the logos I somewhat attempted and the other attachment is his old logo which he still uses today....mostly because his customers recognize the old logo...I feel lost....I dont have one more idea in me for his logo....my question is......do you see any of the logos that may have potential to be made into something better than he uses now?

Attachments

• old logo.jpg
    old logo.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 79
  • adams ALL LOGOS.jpg
    adams ALL LOGOS.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 62

Dice

I Like the Bottom Left one. But think you could take the car in the top left and make the lower text a bit larger. The Adam's Text could be a bit thicker to stand out.

The shape is iconic and memorable.

HeavyHitter

Second row down, the left and middle would look better when added to uniform shirts. Try to think of all the areas an auto body shop will use the logo. Also I think those two are easy to read. The will have a much longer viewing distance. Just my 2 cents...

The Equipment Guy

You are selling yourself short, I think you have a lot of good possibilities...many of those could work, whats holding some of them back is that the tone is the same in the diamond plate as in a lot of the text. The diamond plate is simply too "heavy" if you diminish it somewhat the Text would come forward more in a lot of them. My personal favs are the center one and the one above it, for the sake of simplicity, but they don't preserve his typestyle.

I think you should do logo work more often.

Craig

Monsterkidz

Some of those look like a pretty good start!

Just some suggestions for you...

Stay away from using raster images in a logo.

Always make sure the logo looks good in black and white.
This is a must for letterhead, faxing, b/w newspaper ads etc.

Rely more on typography than icons or colors or gradients,
you are creating a logo not designing a sign.

Most important have fun with it!
Good Luck!
B

HeavyHitter

You are selling yourself short, I think you have a lot of good possibilities...many of those could work, whats holding some of them back is that the tone is the same in the diamond plate as in a lot of the text. The diamond plate is simply too "heavy" if you diminish it somewhat the Text would come forward more in a lot of them. My personal favs are the center one and the one above it, for the sake of simplicity, but they don't preserve his typestyle.

Craig

I agree... there is a lot there to work with.

Dan

Service Sign Co

They all have a some potential. I like the bottom left.Iwould pick one and make several versions of it. Here's one version of the one I would pick

Last edited:

splizaat

I like the second row down...far right. Ever since being in the sign business I always picture things as cut vinyl --- Smpler is sometimes better....

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'm surprised no one's mentioned it... or maybe it's just me...

but you need to drop the phone number completely. Make a logo then make a sign that has the logo and a phone number on it. But don't make a logo with a phone number.

ProColorGraphics

I am glad to finally see a post that no one has totally bashed the person who started the post. It's good to see there are people on here who are willing to help, and give suggestions in a positive, encouraging way.

Flame

Shoot me now. There are like 2 that are workable, the rest scrap.

Bro, first you need to figure out WHO he is. Does he want to be clean, classic, racey, old school new school.... etc? What do they specialize in? Who do they want to attract? I see retro AND race styling just like thrown around here, which is he?

Figure out THAT first before you start doing any sketches, then look at what his competitors are using, put together a solid sketch, then come up with a color combo that would tie in to the right "look", and put it together and BAM.

You have a logo.

Quick suggestion would be to get some sick fonts. Those are mostly all bland, some useable, but definitely not the script.

And like has been mentioned, no raster images for a logo. And drop the phone number...

grafixemporium

Good advice up there. Look at all of it. Determine the overall style you are trying to achieve first. Stay away from cliche, overused fonts like Brush Script.

Don't forget to focus on color contrast too. The old logo and some of the new mockups definitely don't pass the squint test cuz you have dark lettering with a dark shadow -- on a dark background in some cases.

Good luck.

letterman7

I partially agree with Flame - define how he wants to present the company first. Personally, many of those incarnations are pretty good for a logo, but definately drop the phone number!

Blazingsun

Being I used to be in the Autobody line of work. second row to the right is nice and clean and to the Point will work well on uniforms, estimates and look nice when Faxing to insurance agents..

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
All of those samples are signs, not logos. A logotype is something that is easily recognizable and is symbolic, sometimes in an obscure abstract manner, of the thing being represented. It does not necessarily even have any text to it but it can.

All you have done is express the name, and as noted by the Bigdawg the superfluous phone number, of the business in various type styles and surroundings. Moreover, some of the typography displayed is less than optimum.

Sign beings should not be encouraged to design business cards and logos. They always end up looking way too much like signs. And, more often than not, not very good signs at that.

tanneji

Second row to the right and the bottom left with the checkered flags ... sans phone number. I agree though on the potential. Whether you want to do it or not, I think its a talent you should nurture for sure (as long as you enjoy it haha)

GoodPeopleFlags

When I look at them and do the "squint" test, all I see is "Adams". At a glance, I would have no idea what they do. If I were looking for a Paint & Body place and saw something with any of those logos, I wouldn't look twice. Not saying that none of them have potential - they do - but I'm from the mindset that they type of business should stand out more than the name. There's another school of thought that disagrees with that, tho.

Deaton Design

Several of those have potential to be nice logos with tweaking. Change em all over to black and white first, like monsterkidz said. If it works in black and white, it will work in color. And try to get away from the red and black combo. That dont work very well together. It might be what the customer has been using, but that dont make it right.
Everyones design skills are at different levels. Everyone has a certain style that comes off in their work. We can tell you what we would do to make it better to please us, and help you with tweaking it, but eventually it will still come out looking like you designed it. Which is the way it should be. Keep at it until you get it to whats in your head. Sometimes logos come together in just a short time, and sometimes it takes a few days or so. Take the ideas above, change some fonts, move something from here to there, etc. You'll finally get it to what you want it to be.
And do drop the phone number though, lol.