• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't steel my coppper!

Mosh

On my Farm I have three center pivots (900 ft long sprinklers in my field) they have 220 electric wire running down them to run the motors to move them. Well Meth-heads have been going around stripping the wire for scrap copper, so I put axle grease all over my towers to keep people off.
Well last night two morons tried to steal wire off mine. One slipped off the tower and messed himself up pretty bad. His buddy tossed him in the back of his truck,drove to the hospital and pulled up to the ER and just pushed him out. This was all on security tape at the hospital so they caught the guy (his buddy is messed up still in intensive care). The guy that fell is a guy I went to school with. That sucks. Well they would have got $200 for scrap copper, now I have $8,000 of new wiring to replace. METH!!! Great for America!

BTW they are lucky I was sober, or this might be a very different story.....

Last edited:

cdiesel

That type of stuff pisses me off.. My toy hauler was broken into behind our shop on Christmas. The jackasses broke a window and a screen, damaged part of the cabinets, broke the area around the stereo, ripped a sofa off the wall, and broke another cabinet. All to steal a stereo that probably cost $75 brand new.

Mosh

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office reports two arrests were made in connection with the theft of copper wire and damage to a center-pivot irrigation unit west of Hamburg on Mar-2

Jack Carl Ziolkowski, 46, and Myrle William Cunningham, 38, both of Nebraska City, have been charged with criminal mischief second degree for the damage to an irrigation unit

The arrests stem from an investigation conducted by the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office after the land owner fired shots at the suspects stopping their vehilce. Bond for Ziolkowski and Cunningham was set at $5,000

Mosh

These A-holes can be out of jail for $500 to a bondsman, I doubt they have $5 between them though. I went to school with Mryle, kinda thought we were frinds, I guess not. they completely stripped the Woltemath's pivot next farm over from mine. Over $10,000 in damage for $100 in scrap copper.

SignosaurusRex

I know damn good and well you got a P.H.D., use it! A 6 ft fence post requires a 7 ft. deep hole in this case....does it not? The back 40 is not referred to in a measurement of "feet" is it? Cut your fertilizer costs.....bury a cracker with your backhoe!!!

Mosh

40.666593,-95.71171 paste this into google maps and this is the farm it happened at. The circles are from the pivot running in the fields. Zoom in close enogh and I think that is me laying next to the middle grain bin......Mosh on google maps, nice.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Mosh,

I thought you said they almost got $200 for your copper but cost you $8k. Not arguing they are stupid but I'm missing some part of the story. Did they damage your equipment but still not get the copper they were after?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Mosh you sure those google earth numbers are correct?
When I put them in here I get some place in Nevada called The Chicken Ranch.
Poultry?... I thought you said you were planting corn?

wayne k
guam usa

Dave Drane

Mosh, I just love your posts for the sheer entertainment value. Keep your stories coming, I just love them. you should be the appointed columnist for a weekly "day by day at Mosh'es farm" for Signs 101.

John Butto

bluff road

40.666593,-95.71171
Those #'s are right on but did not see any mullets in the area. Using Google Earth you can take a good look from the pics at ground level. Going out in the freezing night in the middle of nowhere to steel copper is an industrious task.

BobM

On my Farm I have three center pivots (900 ft long sprinklers in my field) they have 220 electric wire running down them to run the motors to move them. Well Meth-heads have been going around stripping the wire for scrap copper, so I put axle grease all over my towers to keep people off.
Well last night two morons tried to steal wire off mine. One slipped off the tower and messed himself up pretty bad. His buddy tossed him in the back of his truck,drove to the hospital and pulled up to the ER and just pushed him out. This was all on security tape at the hospital so they caught the guy (his buddy is messed up still in intensive care). The guy that fell is a guy I went to school with. That sucks. Well they would have got $200 for scrap copper, now I have $8,000 of new wiring to replace. METH!!! Great for America!

BTW they are lucky I was sober, or this might be a very different story.....

My name is Attorney Bob from Dewey, Cheatum & Howe. I represent a couple of misguided young lads who were enticed upon your property and were injured by your callous spreading of a foreign substance upon a scenic viewing station................................??????????????:omg2:

rambo555

Damn! These type of people tick me off! I've had some kids running their ATVs and snowmobiles in my back property for some time now. They don't damage much but if they get hurt, they can sue me. I've had to put no trespassing signs up to give me a "little" protection. Problem is it's my vacation property and I'm only there a few times a month. I really envy your ability to restrain yourself! Every time I go out to just tell the kids that I don't much mind them being out there as long as they stay away from our house (front 40 acres), they end up flipping me off when I get close. Again, it sucks when people have no respect for your personal property.

Pat Whatley

There's a shopping center in town that has all the air conditioner units on the roof. Last winter some guys got up there, ripped all of the copper out of the units, and nobody noticed until spring when it warmed up.

$1,000,000 in damage for an estimated $2200 in copper.

SignManiac

Nope, I can't say what I'd really like to post. Bummer. Mosh, sorry to hear you have meth heads out in BFE... Hard to believe it's spread that far.

MachServTech

I think its funny as hell what you did to those idiots, but man you shouldn't put this kind of stuff on the internet in writing. Some @$$H*** lawyer will get hold of it.

Way to go though! You never know you might have saved their lives, maybe they can get rehabbed.

(Hypothetically) I have a shotgun with rock-salt that has REHAB stenciled on the barrel.

Jack Knight1979

In Detroit people are hooking up cars to power lines that run into buildings and driving off.

This happened to my friends print ship. Ripped the wire from the wall to the pole. Another friend went on vaca and had a hole in the side of his house opened up. Some junkies were trying to find the water pipe. NICE