• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edward Jones

3Dsigns

Not to get too side-tracked, but is that HDU? Great looking sign and signs in the background. :u rock:
Thanks! Yes, it is two thicknesses of 1.5'' 15# Duna Board, laminated with West Systems epoxy with two aluminum extrusions imbedded in dado grooves. It was installed on 2 hollow resin/fiberglas columns in a mortise-tenon design. I started out with cedar and redwood over 36 years ago but I only use HDU anymore. It's far superior to wood IMO.

CanuckSigns

Will check this book out, thanks! I started investing (Wealthsimple) in the stock market right in March 2020 and have done quite well considering I didn't/don't know what the hell I'm doing. I also have some ETF accounts which do okay but I can do way better with my own stock picks. I can't say anything would ever inspire me to use a planner/investment guy, despite several friends and family's attempts at recruiting me. No thanks!
Yeah I'm with wealthsimple as well, it's been great so far!

Johnny Best

After reading your post and your complaining I became an arrogant person because no one on here can solve your problem for you. You just see the negative and complain. You will get your money and everything will be fine. Move on to your next problem.

3Dsigns

Nah you're just a jerk. Spreading negativity because it makes you happy and then blaming it on others

signheremd

A lot of large corporations take 60-90 days to pay. That is assuming the invoice reaches the correct person. Their operating capital essentially becomes a zero percentage loan that is never ending, only needs to be managed. You can huff and puff, but all that is likely to do is slow it down further; threaten legal action and now you have increased the amount of time before they need to pay you back. Best course is to be friendly with a contact there and ask if you may contact them back for status updates. You can remind them that your terms are X, but simply ask for their assistance in resolving this. That is the best advice I have for you.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't believe that it has anything to do with a company wanting to hold their money for interest, in the grand scheme of things, it's a negligible amount. With these large companies, there are many steps to run through before the payment gets in queue. It's received, has to be approved by the guy who did the purchase who has to be tracked down, then possibly his boss. They code the expense, which has to be determined and may require a local response. Then back in the system and at that point scheduled to get paid. They give themselves time because nobody responds quickly and then they also need to manage their own cash flow. It's not the same process as you giving me a bill where I just yell across the office to cut a check. Another thing to consider is there is typically a dollar amount that requires dual signatures and usually the 2nd one is some bigger cheese that is always busy doing other things. For many of the people we work with, $5k is the limit..

FASTSIGNS

Well to stir the pot a bit more..... Edward Jones is a "national" account of FASTSIGNS. All sign orders (exterior and interior) are supposed to (by contract) go through FASTSIGNS National accounts. The local EJ broker is not supposed to go directly to a local sign company - not even the local FASTSIGNS. One of our local personal friends is an EJ broker. She had to go through FASTSIGNS National. FASTSIGNS National does contract with local manufacturers and installers other than the the local FASTSIGNS franchise. (that's another whole vent thread). Not sure if that has anything to do with your slow payment.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Small claims court or, failing that, big kids court. Get a judgement then get a lien, shut them down. You will get paid post haste. I know this because I've personally seen it done. A fellow I worked for did exactly that and, for a few minutes, shut down Pacific Southwest Airlines [PSA] when his lien was served on one of their airplanes at the San Jose Municipal/International Airport. Over damage to a leather sport coat.

FASTSIGNS

Can confirm, at the least that fastsigns handles edward jones. Working on installing some letters that they farmed out here. It's amazing they can just sit back and broker all aspects, and EJ is required to facilitate this. It's not like our local FS will ever service anything like channel letters, so where is the benefit?
Though I think they handled the vinyl production all by themselves, so applause there...
Are all fastsigns just storefronts, or do some have fab capabilities?
Of course not all FASTSIGNS are created equal. The model has changed over the past 30 years - hence our tagline "more than fast more than signs". Most are full service production / fabrication (including channel etc), some have cobrands with full line printers, one center has the amazon account and sells a over $20 million yearly.

The benefit to EJ is brand consistency and centralized purchasing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Of course not all FASTSIGNS are created equal. The model has changed over the past 30 years - hence our tagline "more than fast more than signs". Most are full service production / fabrication (including channel etc), some have cobrands with full line printers, one center has the amazon account and sells a over $20 million yearly.

The
benefit to EJ is brand consistency and centralized purchasing.
That right there is a bunch of hooey. That doesn't equate to that at all and if you're any good at what you do, YOU know it. You just have some clients you hold hostage. All of them around here do terrible work and have p!ssed off just about all their clients to the point of many of them just closing their doors. Ask me how I know....................