• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edward Jones

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
This is easy. If you do work for large corporations then expect for it to take awhile to get paid. If you get paid quickly be happy, when you don't then suck it up buttercup cuz that's just how things work. Good luck with the late fees, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to charge and collect them.

3Dsigns

This late fee payments and all the other stuff pertaining to terms. If you are dealing with a company which has shareholders, which most do.... all you hafta do is to outline terms as being 1% if paid within 2 days or 30 days. By law, they must protect their shareholders interests by abiding by YOUR set terms in the beginning...... not later on. They must also keep their shareholders outta trouble by not letting things go beyond term limits, thus collecting interest or penalties. Ya just hafta do it upfront and be honest about it and not get emotional and temperamental about things, when they don't go your way and then make all kindsa idle threats.
They were given a written quote, on one of my invoice forms, back in September BEFORE we were given the job. They were submitted the same invoice when the job was completed. They did not give me their terms until AFTER I had sent the final invoice. Not only that: They didn't tell me they required a "waiver" until they were 2 months in arrears on payment and AFTER I had politely enquired again about payment. THEIR "terms" state "30" days. I've dealt with big companies before so I considered that no big deal. However, they Instead they took 71 days and I needed my money. The following statement is on ALL my quotes and invoices.

Terms and Conditions
-50% deposit required on all work, balance due upon completion

3Dsigns

No. I don't like to have do the 50% down because I like to get paid in one big chunk when the job is done. But, sad to say, some can't be trusted and I have that condition on my quotes because a few individuals have been known to try to stick you with a sign if they don't have anything to lose. But this time I figured, hey, it's a big prestigious, salt of the earth, la-de-da company, getting paid should be no hassle.....WRONG.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, you broke your own contract first. You didn't collect a deposit, when you have that stated first in your own terms. Why would someone else be expected to make payments according to your wants or needs when you don't honor your own contract ?? Some people just amaze me.

Notarealsignguy

But you did get paid with no problem. You didn't have to hire an attorney or send it to collections or threaten the franchisee, nothing. They sent you a check after you gave them what they asked for. I don't get the sour grapes.

3Dsigns

But you did get paid with no problem. You didn't have to hire an attorney or send it to collections or threaten the franchisee, nothing. They sent you a check after you gave them what they asked for. I don't get the sour grapes.
No, I never signed their waiver. So the only "sour grapes" now seems to be your apparent need to find fault with me.

Notarealsignguy

No, I never signed their waiver. So the only "sour grapes" now seems to be your apparent need to find fault with me.
You're the one crying like someone stole the lollipop right out of your mouth, not me. I do find fault with you here too. This is common sense to anyone that has been in a business for a few years. You came here smearing someone because you didn't do your homework and just assumed everything. That's not really fair to them.

3Dsigns

You're the one crying like someone stole the lollipop right out of your mouth, not me. I do find fault with you here too. This is common sense to anyone that has been in a business for a few years. You came here smearing someone because you didn't do your homework and just assumed everything. That's not really fair to them.
Sir, I'm sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. Have a wonderful day.

3Dsigns

1645027177338.png

We got the Edward Jones job, word of mouth, from these great folks who own the business next door.
1645026588377.png

Also from Davis' we landed this job.
1645027393575.png

And this one. I did the timber framing and stone too. I know the bases don't look right in the photo but they are level and exactly the same height.
I do not expect to get any word of mouth from this one. Sorry, I goofed. But hey, all good things must come to an end I guess.
1645027593417.png

Notarealsignguy

View attachment 157907
We got the Edward Jones job, word of mouth, from these great folks who own the business next door.
View attachment 157905
Also from Davis' we landed this job.
View attachment 157908
And this one. I did the timber framing and stone too. I know the bases don't look right in the photo but they are level and exactly the same height.
I do not expect to get any word of mouth from this one. Sorry, I goofed. But hey, all good things must come to an end I guess.
View attachment 157909
Nice signs. Are you blasting or routing them? What material?

3Dsigns

That is correct, they sent a lien waiver form for me to sign and I did not sign it but they have already paid me the original invoice. I told them I would sign the waiver after they paid me but they did not pay me the late fees like they had promised so until they do that deal is off. They actually promised on email so I've got the email to prove it so no I have not signed their waiver and I will not until they send me the late fees. And 90 days is not what they told me they sent me an email stating that they paid in 30 days.

Notarealsignguy

They promised to pay the late fees after you pointed them out? I'll be surprised if you get this, but at least I'll know it's plausible to get a late fee out of a larger corp.
He's holding the ace now. I have a funny feeling that they will be paying for that lien release if they want it. Very impressive.

Notarealsignguy

Right? Kinda like the first lawyer to see it laughed and said pay it, I just charged you more for that legal opinion.
Yeah call the lawyer.
.2hr reviewed email
.1hr fwd email to paralegal
.2hr paralegal review email
.5hr discuss with paralegal
.1hr called and left voicemail explaining that we have a case but it's pointless
.1hr received your voicemail call back
.3hr discuss life and family, reiterate voicemail that was left earlier
.4hr prepare invoice
$1500
Courtesy discount $150
$1350 due.

Johnny Best

Yeah call the lawyer.
.2hr reviewed email
.1hr fwd email to paralegal
.2hr paralegal review email
.5hr discuss with paralegal
.1hr called and left voicemail explaining that we have a case but it's pointless
.1hr received your voicemail call back
.3hr discuss life and family, reiterate voicemail that was left earlier
.4hr prepare invoice
$1500
Courtesy discount $150
$1350 due.
And that is on the cheap side for a lawyer.

3Dsigns

They promised to pay the late fees after you pointed them out? I'll be surprised if you get this, but at least I'll know it's plausible to get a late fee out of a larger corp.
#1, They were sent a quote for $5033. They approved the job, no mention of a "waiver".
#2. The job was finished November 30, 2021. I submitted an invoice. Afterwards they sent an email with 3 attachments; one was about "covid 19 compliance" another was a request for a w9 and the third outlined THEIR payment terms which were "30 days" Still no mention of a "waiver".
#3 So, over 30 days later, I called the local financial adviser(the one who ordered the project) to enquire about my payment. He contacted corporate and then told me a check was being sent right out. .Again...no mention of a "waiver"
#4. Well it rocked on for another 30 days. Over 60 days later, still no money, I contacted him again and he again relayed the message to corporate
#5 THEN they told him I would need to sign a waiver BEFORE I could be paid, because the amount was over 5k..... SEE #1
So tell me who wasn't up front in their dealings? Honestly, I've already explained all this but I'm still the bad guy to some of these folks here.