• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Facebook

Fanaticus

Why does my wife have to post every single thought she has on facebook?

It's the same crap over and over and over and over again. She asks for peoples advice and opinions, doesn't listen to or take any of it, then keeps posting it over and over and over and over again. It's started to become annoying and embarrassing.

All about weight loss and what to do and what to think and how to do it, how little self control she has and how she makes excuses for herself.

Things everybody we know doesn't need to know.

Either take the advice or stop posting it already. It's the same crap over and over and over and over and over.

I think I'm going to have to tell her to stop. I've tried talking to her about it but she doesn't get it.

tsgstl

I'm a bad one to ask, I apparently like cancer because I didn't share a picture of a kid with cancer.

Humor aside isn't this thread similar to what she is doing?

rjssigns

Best way is to have her read FB's policy and what they "allow" themselves to use. Everything she posts from pictures to comments magically come under their domain to use as they wish.

Folks b*tch about invasion of privacy yet willingly post their life story for the whole world to see. They are also the same folks that whine when that very same information is used in some harmful manner against them.

One also has to be wary of posting your children's pictures, names, schools etc...(I actually can't believe parents would do that to their kids) Too many whackjobs in the world today.

One more time for those that did not pay attention all the other times I posted this little gem:
When you use a free service you are not the consumer. You are the product.

genericname

Best way is to have her read FB's policy and what they "allow" themselves to use. Everything she posts from pictures to comments magically come under their domain to use as they wish.

Folks b*tch about invasion of privacy yet willingly post their life story for the whole world to see. They are also the same folks that whine when that very same information is used in some harmful manner against them.

One also has to be wary of posting your children's pictures, names, schools etc...(I actually can't believe parents would do that to their kids) Too many whackjobs in the world today.

One more time for those that did not pay attention all the other times I posted this little gem:
When you use a free service you are not the consumer. You are the product.

:clapping:

Quit Facebork last year and I haven't missed it one bit. It's amazing, I know, but there's this whole thing outside called "the world", and keeping a 24/7 watch on your aunt's 100th breakdown, or your cousin's on-again-off-again-on-again-off-again relationships don't change what goes on out there. In fact, you might actually go outside and lose some weight.

WildWestDesigns

It's even scarier when people send out pictures that have location info embedded into it, that isn't all that hard to get to.

Ragin Cajun

It's even scarier when people send out pictures that have location info embedded into it, that isn't all that hard to get to.

What is even worse is when they tell everyone they are going on vacation starting Friday and will be gone for a week. LOL

They are asking for someone to come rob their home.

Tim Aucoin

As an avid Facebook user, I will say that Facebook is only as dangerous, useless, fantastic, etc... as the person using it!! IF USED PROPERLY, Facebook can be a valuable tool for business and can be a great way for family to keep in touch... especially if spread out over the country like mine are. No, it doesn't replace the face to face relationship, but it does fill the gab between visits.

I find that those who complain about Facebook (the privacy, the rights to pictures, stories, THE ADDICTION, etc...) are the ones who have not taken the time to actually get to know HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY!! Too many naive people out there that think everything just happens magically and that the world is a perfect place! :banghead:

Geesh, now I gotta go and post about this on Facebook!! :ROFLMAO:

Tim Aucoin

she's your wife.. just tell her.
i'd tell mine with no issue.

:goodpost:

Yep! Also, perhaps you could HELP HER find the answers she is looking for? Why is it embarrassing to you? This sounds like it's a deeper issue than just Facebook... :rolleyes: Just sayin'... sounds to me like she's "crying" out for help. When it comes to weight loss, health and personal appearance, it goes WAY BEYOND just what get's posted on Facebook. And YES, I can speak on this topic because I do consider myself (and my wife) to be "experts" in this arena. :smile:

I'm just saying... sit down and talk to her. Don't get mad and DEMAND she stop posting on Facebook. Find out what the root of the problem is and help her find a solution.

My two cents for what it's worth.

genericname

I find that those who complain about Facebook (the privacy, the rights to pictures, stories, THE ADDICTION, etc...) are the ones who have not taken the time to actually get to know HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY!!

Believe me, I know how to use it, I just have no use for it. If I really want to get in touch with someone, I will call, text, or email them. I found that posting family news on Facebook is akin to shouting in a loud room. If someone wants to hear what you have to say, they'll tune in, but it still lacks a personal feeling. When I left, well over three quarters of the people I had on there never spoke to me again. If they can't be bothered to communicate in a manner that's not "easy", then I can't be bothered to care.

she's your wife.. just tell her.
i'd tell mine with no issue.

I'll second that. I don't want to read too much into it, as relationship dynamics vary from person to person, but if my wife or I thought the other had a problem with something, or was acting foolishly, we'd have no problem telling the other. My wife telling me something is important is enough to make me listen, and make me care, even if I think it's trivial.

Tim Aucoin

I'll second that. I don't want to read too much into it, as relationship dynamics vary from person to person, but if my wife or I thought the other had a problem with something, or was acting foolishly, we'd have no problem telling the other. My wife telling me something is important is enough to make me listen, and make me care, even if I think it's trivial.
:goodpost:

genericname

I'm just saying... sit down and talk to her. Don't get mad and DEMAND she stop posting on Facebook. Find out what the root of the problem is and help her find a solution.

And go out for a jog with her fer cryin' out loud. Most Facecrack addicts are there because they're seeking a more social experience. Give her one.

HulkSmash

Like there is nothing in this world i would afraid to talk to my wife about. If there is any issue we have we talk about it, fix it. That's why she's my wife i can talk to her about anything.

This is how it would go.

Me
"ummmmm why are you posting so much like weird personal stuff on FB.. people don't want to know this stuff...."

Her
"You're right I should stop"

SD&F

Women need to express themselves. They NEED FB and they need to just feel like someone is listening or cares enough to respond. I keep up with my kids on FB and I like it very much. I don't give day to day details, it's my life and my business.
I agree, just sit down and tell her how you feel and that you are there to listen. If it makes you feel better, ask her if she can NOT post the things that bother you. I think in the long run, it is better for her to vent and for you to get over it.

SIGNTIME

if you ask her to stop then instead of typing it on facebook she will just say it to you ... careful it may backfire on ya hah

Bly

And this is why I haven't friended my wife on Buddybook.

There's such a thing as too much contact you know.
Let her stupid friends deal with that shet.

Marlene

I think I'm going to have to tell her to stop. I've tried talking to her about it but she doesn't get it.

can I ask why you need to do anything about this? if she wants to post, does she really have to have your OK to do so? it may make her feel in touch with people, it may be an outlet for her to express things she is having a tought time with. if you don't want to see this stuff, don't read it. if she isn't getting what you are saying, maybe leave it alone as it makes sense to her so why do you care?

Mike F

I think this is a discussion you should be having with your wife.

Scarier still when the founder of one of the largest security software firms in the world let's it happen to him while on the run from the Brazilian government. Although that was kinda funny too.