• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flyer design for Christmas Sale

showcase 66

I got a call from a buddy of mine that owns a couple wireless accessory stores and he wants a Christmas Sale flyer.

The Dimension Wireless and the other saying below it are his fonts he has used on everything so he doesn't want to change them. I have to have this done by Monday evening since I am leaving to head back east for a few days.

Its not finished as of yet. I still need to add the locations on the bottom of it, just wanted to get some input on it.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Dwireless.jpg
    Dwireless.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 145

Steve C.

It should be, yes. I have it both ways. i kinda like it better lower cased.

I like your design. Some could find the lower case spelling to be offensive.
I'm just sayin'... My Grandmother used to blow up when she saw anyone use
X-mas.

WildWestDesigns

Even though you might like it lower case, it might not reflect well in the customer's eye. They might see it as a "quality control" issue. Some things are hard to take creative license.

showcase 66

I like your design. Some could find the lower case spelling to be offensive.
I'm just sayin'... My Grandmother used to blow up when she saw anyone use
X-mas.

Even though you might like it lower case, it might not reflect well in the customer's eye. They might see it as a "quality control" issue. Some things are hard to take creative license.
Good points. Both my Grandma's would be upset with me if I left it that way.

Using X to substitute for Christ is believed to have started with Constantine, the first Christian emperor of Rome some 1,800 years ago.

/hijack.

BTW, I like the flyer.

Farmboy

I liked the lower case look also. Thought the cap C would make it look off balance...nope. Nice design

signmeup

I like it but check with your printer on how close to the margin you can be. It's quite close to the edge in places. Better safe than sorry.

Locals Find!

I like it. You did some nice work.

Since your going full bleed here is a friendly tip. Always make your bleeds .25" out from your trim(final size) and make a safe area .25" in from the trim. The guillotine blades will sometimes warp during the day from use and vary by up to an 1/8". Will make sure that your nicely designed artwork doesn't get destroyed during the trim process. This will work with just about every commercial printer.

Craig Sjoquist

Yes looks great and glad ya went with upper case C it balances the 15% also out antway good flow ,contrast, readable,and a cheerful image.

"Deposit Please"

I like the background with the snow flakes & everything, but what he's trying to sell is very tiny. I would make them much bigger to lure the customers interest. Otherwise, looks good.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would put something on an angle (the main focus point - Christmas Sale) if possible, it is too "corporate" & not that "merry" for the season in my opinion, even if it's just the text on the bulb in the top right. Everything being typed on a line doesn't grab attention as well. just my humble opinions. :thumb:

Where's all the regular design haters at? :Big Laugh

mikefine

You might want to consider putting more emphasis on the products he is selling, than the design ornaments. Too much design, and the copy and the images for the products are too small in proportion. At first glance, I wasn't sure what the products were.

showcase 66

I like it but check with your printer on how close to the margin you can be. It's quite close to the edge in places. Better safe than sorry.
It actually has a 1/4" white border around the whole thing. I didnt show it with that part.

Where's all the regular design haters at? :Big Laugh
SHHH! Let them sleep!

You might want to consider putting more emphasis on the products he is selling, than the design ornaments. Too much design, and the copy and the images for the products are too small in proportion. At first glance, I wasn't sure what the products were.
I understand what you are saying. In this case, I am going for more of the initial attention grabbing of the flyer then the products. Most people will see the "SALE" and the attraction begins.
As for the products, Since he is not emphasizing on any specific item or brand, I do not think it is as necessary, as if let say he was only catering to IPhones. Then I would definately be having an Iphone larger along with the apple logo. I could be wrong on this one, but from the last couple of marketing workshops I have gone to, this has been one of the points they have made.

Thanks for all the input so far. I am going to make a few changes to a couple of designs from your comments and then propose them to the client in a little while. If I dont get a chance before I show him, I will post the one he chooses.