• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glueing acrylic letters to wood

ahgrafx

What kind of glue would you use? Relatively small sign using 1/2in wood with 1/4in acrylic probably 3-4" letters on a pretty smooth wood surface?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Is the wood cleared? I have been using weld-on 45 for a lot of stuff lately, it works for almost everything.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, technically, you're adhering plastic to ralttlecan paint ?? Not a good combination. If ya don't care what you're using, I wouldn't care what glue ya use. Who in their right mind, paints wood with a ralttlecan........ for a sign ??

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Hard to help when we don't have the full story.

"Spray paint" and "reclaimed" would have been good things to include in your initial post. Pictures accompanying a complete description would be even better.

ahgrafx

So, technically, you're adhering plastic to ralttlecan paint ?? Not a good combination. If ya don't care what you're using, I wouldn't care what glue ya use. Who in their right mind, paints wood with a ralttlecan........ for a sign ??
It's for my artwork, the sign has evolved there is bare wood for the glue to contact.
And for your information I do care what I'm using I have a show and I don't want the letters to fall on peoples heads while they are drinking wine. Why be such a jerk
8604661f21db56c6c6a6ce437a0c3260.jpg

ahgrafx

Hard to help when we don't have the full story.

"Spray paint" and "reclaimed" would have been good things to include in your initial post. Pictures accompanying a complete description would be even better.
There wasn't a picture available as it wasn't made yet and the sign has evolved since the post.
231342f5feed1aa4e15bcb69a8cbecd7.jpg

ahgrafx

Here it is as it sits now waiting for the dimensional letters. I know it's not something you guys are used to seeing maybe but why the snarkyness from a few of you? Some of us don't have fancy paint booths and rattlecan is my style I've sold many upon many painting using it. They have very high end aerosol paint nowadays.
9c6c8e2d4bd9258334316273442edc92.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Snarky schmarky.............................. Why call us out, when you're the one cutting corners ?? No one..... and I mean no one paints bare wood with a rattlecan. Anyway, not a professional. Take that as more snarkiness if ya like, but sometimes the truth just hurts. I had no idea you were a hobbyist. This is a forum for sign professionals or people learning to be sign makers. Ya wanna schmuck through it and do things bassackwards, be my guest. You're using cross grain wood which is also not a good idea for adhesion. You do it how you've been doing it and don't look for logical answers from people who are not hacks.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Here it is as it sits now waiting for the dimensional letters. I know it's not something you guys are used to seeing maybe but why the snarkyness from a few of you? Some of us don't have fancy paint booths and rattlecan is my style I've sold many upon many painting using it. They have very high end aerosol paint nowadays.
9c6c8e2d4bd9258334316273442edc92.jpg

Do you know Ben Joyce?