• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphics, Grapes & Fruitcake...

RebeckaR

I love this. Reminds me of a link we've seen before - the one where the designer is asked to make a poster for his co-worker's missing cat.
Some people take themselves way too seriously. This dude is obviously one of those people.
Yep, he could use some fruitcake in a cup.

GypsyGraphics

no more cartoon strips yet but i did get another email from Mr. Serious.

i had replied to his last email, in the most professional manner i could muster.... considering what i want to says was:
"yes, you do seem serious, but you still can't call me Shirley"
accompanied with this link.

Airplane: Don't Call Me Shirley

but what i wrote was:
I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays and look forward to working with you in the new year as well.
Warm Regards,
Gigi

i was surprised to hear back from him today. his email simple said.
I thought you might like to know about a gift my wife surprised me with today. Your drawing has been framed and is now hanging in my office.

i feel like calling him and asking if his wife can come out and play,
she sounds like my kinda gal! :tongue:

Border

i was surprised to hear back from him today. his email simple said.
I thought you might like to know about a gift my wife surprised me with today. Your drawing has been framed and is now hanging in my office.

i feel like calling him and asking if his wife can come out and play,
she sounds like my kinda gal! :tongue:

I hope you billed him for the design and did not let that go out without a deposit... - Shame on yourself!

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

Be sure to send him another message, educating him on artwork ownership
:ROFLMAO:

Tim Aucoin

you will never hear from him again, wanna make a bet?

I'll take that bet! If this guy is smart enough (and my gut says he is because his wife is) to realize just how good a professional Gigi is, he would do himself a great service to RUN, not walk to her for all of his work. I've learned that being bluntly honest with customers and being transparent about who you are and how you communicate is the best practice. People respect people like that and I'm 199% confident that this guy realizes that he is dealing with a TRUE professional in Gigi and that she will be the best thing for his business moving forward.

Gigi... I just saw this today. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, and would love to use it with your permission. Heck, I'd even pay you royalties for each time I need to use it! It is simply genius in it's truest form! Have I ever told you that you're my (secret) hero? I guess it's not a secret anymore! :clapping:

GypsyGraphics

I knew your once upon a time would have a happy ending. Good laugh too!!!
you will never hear from him again, wanna make a bet?

i think CentralSigns is right... a good laugh and a happy ending. :thumb:

GG I hope you signed and © you free artwork :rolleyes:
I hope you billed him for the design and did not let that go out without a deposit... - Shame on yourself!

Be sure to send him another message, educating him on artwork ownership
:ROFLMAO:

signed artwork, copyright, bill, deposit? ummm... no.

it was a doddle and a joke, not a job and certainly not something he asked for.
besides, the wine barrels, phones and fruitcake are....
get this... crappy web images!!! :ROFLMAO: AKA RAISINS!!!!

this was never intended to be seen by anyone but Mr. Serious.

GypsyGraphics

I'll take that bet! If this guy is smart enough (and my gut says he is because his wife is) to realize just how good a professional Gigi is, he would do himself a great service to RUN, not walk to her for all of his work. I've learned that being bluntly honest with customers and being transparent about who you are and how you communicate is the best practice. People respect people like that and I'm 199% confident that this guy realizes that he is dealing with a TRUE professional in Gigi and that she will be the best thing for his business moving forward.

Gigi... I just saw this today. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, and would love to use it with your permission. Heck, I'd even pay you royalties for each time I need to use it! It is simply genius in it's truest form! Have I ever told you that you're my (secret) hero? I guess it's not a secret anymore! :clapping:

:blush: why thank you kind sir!!! :loveya: :loveya: :loveya:

funny you should say "being transparent about who you are" with regards to my goofy drawing or goofiness.
many many years ago, i made two stick figure comic books, for my husband. one when we first started dating and when we were engaged... just to let him know what he was signing up for. HE SAVED THEM, says when he came across them after we moved, he put them in a safe place... any guess where the "safe place" is?

i'd love to show them to my friends... except maybe for a couple of pages. :omg:

iSign

...he put them in a safe place... any guess where the "safe place" is?

i'd love to show them to my friends... except maybe for a couple of pages. :omg:

Sure, I'll guess... He put them with all the other operational manuals for household equipment... never to be consulted again...
Right?