• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hand painted goldleaf wording

I thought during the Christmas holidays it might be nice to signwrite the hallway at home, this is signwriten in goldleaf onto a matt Magnolia wall giving a subtle and chic effect.

Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Attachments

• love and peace.JPG
    love and peace.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 154

Craig Sjoquist

That looks very nice at the moment well done wondering are you going to outline in a darker color which allow it to look more complete ... nice and consistent

Patrick46

Very nice Brian. I've always been a big fan of a nice flowing script like you've done here.

I don't think that I'd outline it, but I may be compelled to put a soft floating drop shadow behind it.

Lovely work

SignManiac

A rare treat these days of the computer. It does appear to be hand written or hand lettered as we say here in the states. Nice lettering.

Nash Signs

spoken like a " true NON-PAINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahhaahahahahahaha
would you believe it if you SAW IT BEING DONE?????? this is another HAND PAINTER.....iam sure she wont get mad at me for showin you this HOW ITS DONE!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixafpN5gdlU

Nice post OP. And she lettered the glass in reverse on top of it.
I don't think I could print my name neatly in reverse with pencil and
paper, not alone paint it reversed. From my early years of experience
with painting pinstripes and stock car lettering, I wouldn't doubt his work is freehand.

Dave Drane

sweet Brian. It sure is nice to see that there are still true tradesmen left. anything else done to it would be overkill.

Jillbeans

Brian, that is magnificent.
(so sad that people don't realize the true skill which other people have)
Love....Jill

Hi folks,
Many thanks for the comments. When I was an apprentice, over 40 years ago, my mentor insisted I learnt at least 2 styles of lettering so exact that I could signwrite them almost blindfold. The two styles where the script that you see on the gilded lettering and the other was Gill Sans, both have served we well and are a joy to write. The project was produced with a chalk line for top, middle and bottom lines and the script was very lightly written with chalk as a rough guide and then the size was hand painted with a signwriters brush. Glad you like it !!

Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

OldPaint

its ok brian, most of the "non believers" cant draw STICK FIGURES.........and if it wasnt for computers and printers, they would be workin at McDONALDS........flippin burgers!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
the lady in the video is named alicia. and is a very famous lady, and many of you have seen her while driving in the u.s.a. you come up behind a truck with big mudflaps..........and this silhouette usually in chrome of a sitting female............with long hair and fantastic figure.......ALICIA, WAS THE MODEL..........and thats the rest of the story.

zmatalucci

spoken like a " true NON-PAINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahhaahahahahahaha
would you believe it if you SAW IT BEING DONE?????? this is another HAND PAINTER.....iam sure she wont get mad at me for showin you this HOW ITS DONE!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixafpN5gdlU

Don't throw stones in a glass house OP. Your not the only one that can hand paint. I myself have been hand painting since I was around 10, when my mother use to let me fill in her lines.

SO Back It Down Old Man.... Your Not That Special!