• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hanging 2'x3' Corrugated Plastic Signs

I am making some 2'x3' corrugated plastic signs for a grocery store to go above there aisles. What is the best way to hang these? Anyone ever add grommets in the corner? If so what is a good cheap grommet punch? I've also seen the little plastic hangers that screw in the edge of the coroplast. Anyone have good luck with them on a sign this size? Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This must be some really low budget grocery store, if all they're hanging is Cor-X.

Anyway, punch a hole with a hand punch, grommet it and hang it with fish line from the ceiling grids.

Thank you both for your replies. Yes a very small town home owned grocery store. Is there a cheap punch or punch kit you recommend? Doubt I will be needing it much after this job and there are only 10 signs. I see some different hand punches etc for sale.

unclebun

You never sell banners? Grommet machines a re a good investment for a sign company. The one we use costs $138 from our sign supplier.

visual800

funny this post came up. We have a new Piggly Wiggly a few miles from here and they wanted "nice" aisle signs. After quating "nice" me and the gf dropped in one day and they have 1/8" coro that was given to them by cocacola (insert eyeroll...should have known.

If it were me I would small cable instead of fishline just in case the air vents starts swinging on those signs and wearing the line down.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
funny this post came up. We have a new Piggly Wiggly a few miles from here and they wanted "nice" aisle signs. After quating "nice" me and the gf dropped in one day and they have 1/8" coro that was given to them by cocacola (insert eyeroll...should have known.

If it were me I would small cable instead of fishline just in case the air vents starts swinging on those signs and wearing the line down.

That is how I do them. I would also note if there are air vents that maybe you can redirect them...had this problem in a Big Lots on a sign before....thing was bouncing all over the place.

Johnny Best

You can get the punch set, you have to provide a hammer, in a hardware store that has the grommets, metal tube for making holes and tap for hammering top and bottom grommets together through coro.
3mm pvc would look better.

signman315

Signmaker
You can also get smooth coro now too.
Stinger board is the brand name for it, nice stuff. But the price is comparable to a 1/4" PVC which would probably make a nicer sign than the stinger, the profile edge of the stinger shows some corrugations. The PVC is heavier but still plenty light to be hung from a drop ceiling or otherwise.

Oroscoe

Spend the money and get a grommet machine and leave the hand punch alone. You'll be glad you did. We punched 42 signs by hand 5 grommets per sign. The first call I made afterwards was to purchase a grommet press.

Z SIGNS

You could drill a small hole in the coro 1/32' and use fishing line. Looks better than drawing the eye to a smooshed up grommet. Unless that nasty looking thing in the corner is part of your design.
Also, the material that your sign is made has nothing to do with what makes it a "nice" sign.