• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Happy to find some brothers and sisters.

RandallMac

Hellow all,

My trade name is RandallMac. I am a fourth generation sign contractor and working out of the shop my Great Grandfather build out of used barn wood some time in the early '40s when he introduced Neon to the Salinas and Pajaro Valleys.

When I was about 5, I had the ends of two fingers crushed in a sheet metal break while "helping" my grandfather make a sign cabinet. We both were in very "hot water" for some time. As a result of this incident, I was banned from the shop for many years and frequently got punished for sneaking into the shop while my father and grandfather were away installing signs.

As a result of this contest of wills, I am insatiably curious about all phases of sign making. The trade is constantly changing and, with only 45 years experience, I still have alot to learn.

My trade skills include sign painting and gold leaf application, wood carving, all phases of neon and fluorescent sign fabrication, screen printing, vinyl application, design and fabrication of wayfinding and architectural graphics and Braille signs. I am very much looking forward to the forum experience. :tongue:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA...............

Nice resume. Are you by any chance looking for a job and willing to relocate ?? :thumb:

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas.

Excellent! Someone doing this gig longer than me! I can now go back to being the one to go get the coffee?

astro8

Hello from Sydney!

I'm a third generation signwriter/ maker with only thirty plus years experience and like you say...still have a lot to learn...that's what makes this business (well, it's a lifestyle really) so interesting. Learn something new everyday.

I'll be a contributing member next time I post..this is such a great forum...so much knowledge here, that thrown in with some egos and some laughs, very entertaining too!