• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Health Care Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

brush1

Standard of life in many countrys....with "high" taxes is not lower then in US.
Maybe even higher with more "human" face.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now, we're finally getting to the nitty gritty of it.

A system that has worked for a very long time has been abused by those who don't even have it, but have found loop holes. It's been abused by others along the way, but not to the extent of today's coverage. Those bad eggs from yesteryear were already figured into each and everyone's premiums, so we have all been paying for misuse, but again, not to the extent of it today. Anyway, once these newer beggars find their way in and how good it is, they've taken advantage of the system and turned it into a system they become entitled to, just by pitching a b!tch. The squeaky wheel gets oiled first, ya know that. So, those who either haven't thought about it, think they deserve it or just want to take over, get taken care of by the rest of us. As bob had said, when I choose to distribute my money to the needy, I want to pick who and what I do with MY money on MY terms. I'm not rich, so don't tell me I have to participate in this pathetic kinda handout. For those who refuse to make or earn a living on their own, so they can afford insurance the SAME WAY I DO.... I want a pretty good reason as to why I've been picked to put you on my payroll. I'll listen, but I don't want to be forced.

artbot

@brush1 it's quettero mexico for me in my late years. big studio, highs of 80, lows of 40, and no seasons.

SignManiac

I'd like to head to Costa Rica myself, or Nicaragua or Panama and live out the rest of my years there by the ocean, surfing, golfing, or skydiving. I have many friends who left the states and are really happy down there. A few more years, a few more years.

brush1

Don't we should retired in the country build by us?
Unfortunately many of us hard working people can't afford it.
I have European Union passport.
For me will be propably Cyprus. Warm, pretty, nice people, low taxes (or almost no taxes for retired), free healt care for retired, low crime.
When I come to US I was pretty sure I will spend whole life here.

John Butto

Don't we should retired in the country build by us?
Unfortunately many of us hard working people can't afford it.
I have European Union passport.
For me will be propably Cyprus. Warm, pretty, nice people, low taxes (or almost no taxes for retired), free healt care for retired, low crime.
When I come to US I was pretty sure I will spend whole life here.
So are you having your SS check direct deposited in a Cyprus bank.

brush1

Everyone have own opinion but we don't really know how all the Health Care changes will afect our life. Time will tell.
I hope it will turn to be good change for all of us.

Last edited:

rjssigns

I have insure through my wife's employer so doesn't apply to me but....
Forcing poor people to pay for insurance, they will only be able to afford the ones with $5,000 and up deductibles so bacially that insurance won't kick in until they pay the first $5,000....so pretty much poor people still won't be able to afford a doctor visit....

It may apply as more and more employers are dropping spousal coverage in an effort to contain costs.

I belong to a racers forum and a bunch of those folks are getting the "letter".

Never think it can't happen to you...

brush1

......or you can be lay off because your wife is sick and insurance don't like it..... by the way it is not personal and I wish you the best....it is just example...I will add one more thing. I see a lot American "married" with a job because employee benefits (health insurance). It will give more freedom to people to change a job. Specially when one of the family member has serious health problem. They was not able to leave a job. Don't we will have more freedom?

fixtureman

I finally got signed up but can't log on to see anything. Maybe that is why they won't say how many really signed up for insurance.

WildWestDesigns

Interesting with the CBO has to say about the impact of this law.

CBO said:
Yesterday CBO released The 2013 Long-Term Budget Outlook. In that report, CBO projects that budget deficits, although projected to decline over the next few years, would gradually rise again under current law, mainly because of increasing interest costs and growing spending for Social Security and the government’s major health care programs—Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and the subsidies that will be provided starting in 2014 through the newly established health insurance exchanges (see the figure below).

CBO said:
In brief, between 2009 and 2012, the federal government recorded the largest budget deficits relative to the size of the economy since 1946, causing federal debt to soar. Federal debt held by the public is now about 73 percent of the economy’s annual output, or gross domestic product (GDP). That percentage is higher than at any point in U.S. history except a brief period around World War II, and it is twice the percentage at the end of 2007. If current laws generally remained in place, federal debt held by the public would decline slightly relative to GDP over the next several years, CBO projects. After that, however, growing deficits would ultimately push debt back above its current high level. CBO projects that federal debt held by the public would reach 100 percent of GDP in 2038, 25 years from now, even without accounting for the harmful effects that growing debt would have on the economy. Moreover, debt would be on an upward path relative to the size of the economy, a trend that could not be sustained indefinitely.

Both excerpts can be found on the CBO website in full in the Health care section under the Affordable Care Act sub section.

It just boggles my mind law makers can think that this will make costs go down when the force businesses (rather insurance providers or businesses in general) or individuals to add this expense. The businesses are in business to make a profit, if their expense goes up, so does their price tag to their end customers. Otherwise they don't last long.

knucklehead

Does anyone really believe the insurance companies, and their lobbyist, gave all that money to these silly *** politicians, and didn't expect anything in return?

SignProPlus-Chip

All I know is my Premium went up over $1000 a years so far because of the ACA. It's going up again this coming year, plus my deductible also went up 20%.

I was also just notified that they capped my coverage limit. Apparently now they will only pay $2000 a year to certain forms of treatment. One of them being my weekly visit to a chiropractor. This care is the ONLY thing that actually helped me in the last 4 years from not spending most of my time falling on the floor from an impinged nerve.

I don't qualify for the ACA...but I guess after my current insurance bleeds me dry and puts me in the poorhouse, I can sign up with no problem.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Got in and signed up.

I am very happy with my results. I didn't get any government subsidies, but got a better deal on health insurance than I've had in years.

After all was said and done, I guess putting up with a crashing website for a few days was worth it. Streamlined and easy to understand, and much more competitive insurance options than have been previously offered to me from the insurance market.

Win in my book, and pocket book!

David Wright

Got in and signed up.

I am very happy with my results. I didn't get any government subsidies, but got a better deal on health insurance than I've had in years.

After all was said and done, I guess putting up with a crashing website for a few days was worth it. Streamlined and easy to understand, and much more competitive insurance options than have been previously offered to me from the insurance market.

Win in my book, and pocket book!

I wouldn't get too exited yet, this is the government we are talking about.

Pat Whatley

I'd like to head to Costa Rica myself, or Nicaragua or Panama and live out the rest of my years there by the ocean, surfing, golfing, or skydiving. I have many friends who left the states and are really happy down there. A few more years, a few more years.

I know a couple who retired to Nicaragua and I don't think they could be happier. They used to come back and laugh at the retired people here who didn't know how to relax. They've got an awesome house, on the beach, and are loving life.

brush1

Congratulation ddarlak!

I have insurance true my spouse. They rise it from $76 to $180 a month but from maximum aut of pocket go down from $23K to 3.5K for family. Little more free coverege then year before to.
I'm very happy.

8 years ago when I was moving I need to buy private coverage for around 2 months. It was around $800 a month (I'm a smoker) and I need to pay first $10K before it will start to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.