• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

heart surgury

shakey0818

Heart disease rinsing my family too.Its OK with me i am a meat eater like iv never seen before.the only thing that my families history tells me is that i will meet my maker sooner than others.I really dint mind visiting the ones that have past away before me .Heaven has to be a good place,nobody knows where it is and nobody comes back complaining.I have lived my life exactly the way i wanted too ,sometimes not the way i should have.I have no kids,nieces,nephews,grandkids so take me now I'm ready and love life here and i know i will love it in the hear after.Some may call me nuts but so others might cal me at peace with myself and my relationships with my family.Everyone knows my motto "HERE TODAY GONE TOMORROW"Live today to the best if your ability and make sure the ones you love know how you feel about them!

OldPaint

shakey, iam from that generation, live fast, play hard do it all, die young and leave a good lookin corpse. we never trusted anyone over 30!!!!!!! wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, let me tell ya my friend. all you say is nice and great, but when you run slam into that wall, and lifeas you know it is gona be no more.....................the mind does all kinda strange things like NOT WANTING TO BE GONE TOMORROW.
this is not my 1st slam into that wall, and every time it happens, i dont wanta go. i dodged a big one this time, and am one lucky &blessed 65 year old who didnt think he would be here past 30!!!heheheheheheheheheheheheheehehehehe

shakey0818

I totally respect and understand what you are saying OP.I have heard it from my dad and i do very much believe that.I have seen the miracle of life ,my dad has been proof of it for years.He hit that wall and has done everything in his power to stay alive.I hope i have the strength like he & you have.You are not only a inspiration of sign making to me your a inspiration of life to me .Ty my friend for your thoughts and wisdom.

Deaton Design

I have an uncle who has had heart problems for 30+ years, three surgerys, and almost 80 years old now. He has some hard times, but is still doing well after all that. He used to weld the big ships in the shipyards in Virginia when he was young, and welded around mines until he retired.

iSign

shakey, iam from that generation, live fast, play hard do it all, die young and leave a good lookin corpse. we never trusted anyone over 30!!!!!!! wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, let me tell ya my friend. all you say is nice and great, but when you run slam into that wall, and lifeas you know it is gona be no more.....................the mind does all kinda strange things like NOT WANTING TO BE GONE TOMORROW.
this is not my 1st slam into that wall, and every time it happens, i dont wanta go. i dodged a big one this time, and am one lucky &blessed 65 year old who didnt think he would be here past 30!!!heheheheheheheheheheheheheehehehehe

Joe, you are such a character with a spirit of comic relief so often, that even though I've know you for almost 10 years I suppose... talked on the phone, met in Dixie... It's hard to disassociate the non stop joker & fun loving character that makes "Old Paint" be Old Paint... which is why even under the toughest situation, it seems natural to address you with a sense of humor... to laugh together, like i am most familiar with, and hope to do for another 10 years... that's the path that comes the easiest & that's the tone of my first post here...

...but that last post... about "NOT WANTING TO BE GONE TOMORROW" ....well, that brings home the reality. My prayers out to you Joe, you take care of yourself & take care of the wife... & know that under all the comic relief, it's good to see that strong will of yours applied to life's greatest gift!

Here's to coming out on top Joe :toasting: ...as long as that will is there, may you always be back tomorrow!

BobM

Thata boy OP...............)))))))))))))))))))))). Glad to see you're on your way back.

OldPaint

had an appoinrmrnt with the EYE DOCTOR this morning. small side effect of the surgury was due to the loss of blood from the leg vein removal, i suffered a partial stroke to my left optic nerve. if you take a a piece of paper, touch the edge to the tip of your nose & look straight ahead, this is what i see, everything below that paper is black. as with strokes, its a 50/50 chance of it repairing some of the damage over time to just adapting to the loss. i was comenting on the technological advances in the opthalmology field and what they can do compared with the 1st pair of glasses i got at 7-8(1952-53). he wants to see me again next week to checkfor any progress of regeneration.

GypsyGraphics

OP... i don't understand... when did this happen? was it sudden.. did you feel the stroke... did this happen in your sleep... WHAT????