• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

heart surgury

OldPaint

UPDATE JAN 13, 2011.
had office appointment with surgeon at 10 am. he is amazed at my amount of total recovery in such a short span of time. wasnt allowed to drive for 4 weeks ans he said i can do short runs to the store if i want but no road trips. bruising and scaring are minimal and he said when totally healed it will be hard to find scars. said i should be 100% within 3-4 weeks and i can go back to doing most work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good going.

Be careful going to the bathroom. I hear ya can blow a gasket doing that.... and down there drinking that Florida water really can bind ya.

Really, great news OP :thumb:

iSign

UPDATE JAN 13, 2011.
had office appointment with surgeon at 10 am. ...wasnt allowed to drive for 4 weeks ans he said i can do short runs to the store if i want but no road trips.

that's great Joe ...why don't you jog down to the store then, & get me a pack of smokes? ..if you can do short runs, you should be approved for driving any day then huh? :smile:

CES020

he said when totally healed it will be hard to find scars.

....because he did a great job on the stitches or because he refuses to look at your naked body again? :Big Laugh

Glad you're doing well. Not everyone gets a second chance. I hope you can use it to bring you a lot of happiness and joy to your life and those around you.

Mainframe

UPDATE JAN 13, 2011.
had office appointment with surgeon at 10 am. he is amazed at my amount of total recovery :rock-n-roll:(OK, so I guess he hasn't worked on many Steeler fans):rock-n-roll: in such a short span of time. wasnt allowed to drive for 4 weeks ans he said i can do short runs to the store if i want but no road trips.(No problem, the game is at home this weekend, all you need are some game munchies:corndog::popcorn::bushmill:) bruising and scaring are minimal and he said when totally healed it will be hard to find scars. said i should be 100% within 3-4 weeks and i can go back to doing most work.

Great news, Joe! Get ready for the game, & relax this weekend, it's only the Ravens:banghead:
Speedy recovery!, Bill

AUTO-FX

that's great Joe ...why don't you jog down to the store then, & get me a pack of smokes? ..if you can do short runs, you should be approved for driving any day then huh? :smile:

:ROFLMAO:

That's good, Doug...

Joe, glad to hear your coming along well!

CheapVehicleWrap

Glad to hear it! My friend got opened up yesterday, they just put a valve but were going to put a pump too. He's should be on the donors list shortly as he needs a new ticker.

Deaton Design

Hey Joe, a friend of mine that runs a screen/embroidery shop here in town, he is 34 years old, had the same thing. The main artery was blocked 95%. This guy is a little overweight, not much, but works out, runs, and in the last few months dropped about 30 pounds. By looking at him, you try and figure what the heck? Turns out, it runs in his family. Several of his men family members passed away at young ages. They put a stint in his and he came home next day.
Im really glad you are doing okay Joe.

shakey0818

Absolutely great news op.I am very Happy to hear the doctors good report and hope u can get back to normal soon.It just goes to show the will to survive,recover and the love of what you do can speed up ones recovery process.But do have your doctor on call during the patriots/steelers game.LOL,best of wishes in this new year for you and your family.

GypsyGraphics

i should be 100% within 3-4 weeks and i can go back to doing most work.

fantastic news to hear you're recovering so quickly!!!!
must be all your friends praying for you :loveya:

Hey Joe, a friend of mine that runs a screen/embroidery shop here in town, he is 34 years old, had the same thing. The main artery was blocked 95%. This guy is a little overweight, not much, but works out, runs, and in the last few months dropped about 30 pounds. By looking at him, you try and figure what the heck? Turns out, it runs in his family. Several of his men family members passed away at young ages. They put a stint in his and he came home next day.
Im really glad you are doing okay Joe.

if heart disease runs in the family at a young age, it's sooo important to not let appearances fool you. runs in my mom's side of the family big time, all siblings male and female and already seeing it in my own siblings... it's just a matter of time for some of us.

gotta thank your lucky stars when you're able to catch it in time.