• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello to all and I have a LINX 60 problem!

etcetera

Hello every one I just signed in and was wondering if some one can help me with a problem that I have with my linx 60 from GCC.

I havd this plotter for about 8 years now and been haveing trouble with it
it just wont cut,

I have been working wit corel draw 12 and cutting from it and WinXP sp3 since I started, with my PC (No.1) and now just displays an error when I try to cut.

the data clear goes on and error light blinks and wont cut.

I used the serial cable connection (com1) always and when this started tried the same with a second PC and it was the same thing.
then I changed the serial to a usb to 232 cable and worked ok for 2 days
but now it just wont work with my PC no.1 and Pc No.2 .

I was wondering if anyone in the forum have some experience with this kind of problems.

I was thinking that is some kind of virus or something becouse I sarted transfering files to cut from PC No.1 to PC No.2 and after 2 days it just stoped working .

or could be something wrong with the mainboard of the linx 60 plotter
i was thinkin of backing up mu data in PC1 to reformat and reinstall Windows XP .

thank you for any advise in advance.

I worked on one that had the same problem. We finally determined that it was the main board that was bad. Signwarehouse give us a price of $600 for the board. We trashed the cutter and got another one.

You might want to introduce yourself on the forum. You will get more help if you do.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from Pennsylvania......................................................

etcetera

thank you and you are right, sorry.

My name is Daniel Vega From Matamoros Tamaulipas Mexico i have been in the sign bussines since 2002.
I have been doing signs from hand painting to neon, lighted signs and channel letters
I own a little sign shop and want to keep doing what I love doing most.

and yes sign warehouse have been helping with this I just didnt ask for a cuote on a mainboard I guess I was thinking of fixing it somehow but now its time to move forward and see some other options or not too expensive ones at this time!

Ill ask SW the current price for that mainboard and see how it goes.
thank you!

round man

you might want to check and be sure windows hasn't reassigned another port to the usb adapter,.,go to control panel then device manager then to ports and see which port is assigned to the adapter,.,.sometimes windows decides to change the port for the adapter all by its lonesome,....hope this helps ya,.

etcetera

do the self test on the cutter itself. If it will not self test,, its dead.

thank you for all the comments!

Well I dont know how can I do a self test on the linx 60 maybe theres a demo cut test or something but I far as I know havent read it or find it anywhere in the manuals and stuff.

Al it can do is move manually left to right, back to front and viceversa and the cut test, and the cut origin.

If someone knows how to do this I ll thank you!