• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hi from albuquerque

rburtonrmx

I recently got a VE Lynx s-60 from a friend that could no longer find the time to do his part time sign business.. machine is in great working order . has the lxi expert 6.6 software. i already have Corel Draw 10 (although im not sure how to use it with the vinyl cutter). Is there any other software that i need?
i got lots of other stuff with the cutter ; ie several rolls of vinyl a corner rounder for making magnetic signs some clip art ect.
I am trying to make some "street signs" and cant figure out how to get a border around the edge of the 6 x 24 sign blank ? any direction would be greatly appreciated.

iSign

I am trying to make some "street signs" and cant figure out how to get a border around the edge of the 6 x 24 sign blank ? any direction would be greatly appreciated.

draw a 6 x 24 box, draw a 5.5 x 23.5 box, draw a 5 x 23 box, center them all, add the street name in the center of that & cut. Weed out between the letters and the inner box, & between the outer 2 boxes. You will have a 1/4" border that will fit 1/4" inside of the aluminum blank.

(I worked at a sign shop in Rio Rancho for 2 years, & another sign shop in Santa Fe for 3 years)

WVB

Hello and welcome to S101... I was just at Sandia Resort about a month ago..! Need to get back there was nice and relaxing - only 4 hours away...

iSign

thanks isign still in albuq?? paradise as in paradise hills? that where i live..

nope, moved back to Maui in '95... (i is for island :smile:)

...is that corner house on Cornell street, one block from campus, still the graffitti covered party-central, punk haven it once was when I lived there?

rburtonrmx

draw a 6 x 24 box, draw a 5.5 x 23.5 box, draw a 5 x 23 box, center them all, add the street name in the center of that & cut. Weed out between the letters and the inner box, & between the outer 2 boxes. You will have a 1/4" border that will fit 1/4" inside of the aluminum blank.

(I worked at a sign shop in Rio Rancho for 2 years, & another sign shop in Santa Fe for 3 years)
tried this last night worked like a charm thanks for the tip..:U Rock: