• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How cold is it where you live?

KevSign

70-78 oc, ca - But not cool all my 3 kids sicks and stay home today. I am going early to help the wife.

Stay warm!!!

Mosh

It has been 25-35 average high (couple days up in the 50's), normal Nebraska Winter, not much snow. We need the moisture, or we are all going to pay WAY MORE for food very soon. Remember who feeds the world, the guy typing this is one of them!

Speedsterbeast

-31 Celicus Tonight (-24 F.)

Yesterday it was -40 with teh wind chill- Mail Delivery was reduced to businesses only
(-40 is where celcius and farenheight meet!)

phototec

Today the high was 75° and the forecast for tomorrow is 79°, about 10 degrees warmer than normal. Had to go to HD for some hardware, so of course I rode the Harley.

:smile:

Attachments

• 7day 01-23-2012.jpg
    7day 01-23-2012.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 149

Centro Graphics

Chilly here in London, -6 on Tuesday, loads of snow (for UK) zero most other time, warming up to 6-7 by the weekend, bye bye snow.

We did 15 vans last friday it was -1, wasnt quite outdoors but close, as the building had no walls (barn style) least we were out of the falling snow. Heatguns did the trick on the vinyl adhesion and our fingers.

Roll on the spring

genericname

Colder than a nun's c#$t ...

I love you, Québec.

We're finally seeing a break, as it's already -25C, and should warm up to -20C. Yesterday was -28C, but felt like -40 with the wind chill. Frostbite was a risk within ten minutes.

Used to hit -35C without wind chill all the time back home up North, but damn does the humidity down here screw with a Northerner's blood.

Centro Graphics

[/QUOTE]We're finally seeing a break, as it's already -25C, and should warm up to -20C. Yesterday was -28C, but felt like -40 with the wind chill. Frostbite was a risk within ten minutes.

Used to hit -35C without wind chill all the time back home up North, but damn does the humidity down here screw with a Northerner's blood.[/QUOTE]

Man thats cold as F*%$, how do you live in that. I thought England was bad, always long for sunnier warmer climes, but almost T shirt here compared to that frosty climate.

genericname

Man thats cold as F*%$, how do you live in that. I thought England was bad, always long for sunnier warmer climes, but almost T shirt here compared to that frosty climate.

Back home? Like I mentioned, the humidity had a lot to do with it, along with the wind. -20C was perfect play outside weather. -30C was unpleasant, but bearable with the right clothes, and usually the schools only closed if it hit -40. Well, busses we're called off, and if you lived nearby you could go, but it was generally seen as a snow-day, even though it was too cold to snow.

I remember one day where the air was still enough that I was able to walk home in a t-shirt in -15C. Not here in Ottawa though. Here, -10C will freeze your bloody fingers off for some reason.

Edit:

Oh, not to mention that up North, snow pants were basic outdoor wear, not some specialized extreme sport garment that cost $200 like down here. Also, it was standard for every vehicle to come equipped with a block heater, so your car won't be dead when you try to start it in the morning. Since moving, most people I've spoken with didn't even know that was a thing.

binki

Two weeks ago we had record lows, 28F in Los Angeles which is cold for here. It was colder where I live. I hit an ice patch on the road and went skidding. Since last week it has gotten very nice though, in the 80's until yesterday when it started raining.

SD&F

It is 58 outside as we speak and the Sun is shining. It will be 24 tonight and the high tomorrow will be 30 with freezing rain. I don't know how anyone lives continually in tmeperatures below 50 everyday. I think I would trade being around intellect for warmer weather....oh right.

genericname

It is 58 outside as we speak and the Sun is shining. It will be 24 tonight and the high tomorrow will be 30 with freezing rain. I don't know how anyone lives continually in tmeperatures below 50 everyday. I think I would trade being around intellect for warmer weather....oh right.

The trade-off is no hurricanes, very few tornadoes, no typhoons, weak and very rare earthquakes, no volcanoes, next to no violent crime, free-ish healthcare, and a low golf course to rich dude ratio.

Also, we ship all of our crazy old people to Florida, so we have a mostly crazy-old-people-free zone as well!

signmeup

The trade-off is no hurricanes, very few tornadoes, no typhoons, weak and very rare earthquakes, no volcanoes, next to no violent crime, free-ish healthcare, and a low golf course to rich dude ratio.

Also, we ship all of our crazy old people to Florida, so we have a mostly crazy-old-people-free zone as well!
Geez man... keep it down. They'll all want to move up here! It's all polar bears and igloos up here folks... honest.

Tdewitt

At what temp do you not send the guys out to service or install signs. It is 5 right now with a high of 15 today.

genericname

Geez man... keep it down. They'll all want to move up here! It's all polar bears and igloos up here folks... honest.

Okay, funny story from my cousin:

He's walking to work one day, in Toronto. A pickup truck with a gun rack in the window pulls up next to him. Two Americans. The guy in the passenger seat flags him down and asks "Hey buddy, where all the polar bears at?"

Baz

We go out in -15, -20 no problems. You just have to dress warm (layers is best). Colder than that ... Even customers will understand if you delay the job a day or two.

The coldest install i ever did was when i was working for an old man (best boss ever) .. He apologized and said that this 4'x8' sign had to be installed on a building on that particular day (government job) ... Not a day before or a day after ... That day .... That day had a -50 windchill.

We did not use a level. We followed the brickline as best we could see (tears flowing out your eyes and freezing instantly). When i crouched down and got back up .. My construction boots were pointing upwards (frozen).