• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you remove Pylon or Post Signs that have become abandoned?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think I'd replace it with some acm to be frank. Double stick it to the in place broken window. They've lost the privilege that is a functional window.
Now tell me you've also increased rent since it broke. Average around here jumped $100 minimum, one lady here still rents and it's gone from $800 3 years ago to $1050. Her land lord's excuse: My property taxes went up. Mine did too, same neighborhood, by $125 a year...
Yes, I did raise it $50 last year. I get $650 for the lower and $550 for the upper. I could probably get away with a little more for both but it's really nice not having to be bothered by anything.

Last upper renter was a screamer and a fighter, cops were there, the downstairs people were complaining. The one before that when I bought it had a dog and the damn thing barked all day, so again, downstairs people constantly complaining so the dog guy got kicked out. When I bought my shop, the rental came with it. The inside is very nice but the outside needs some new windows, etc. I did A LOT of work when I bought it but mostly labor. Ideally I would replace all the windows and repaint everything nice. But...there's no garage so I'll never be able to get top dollar. I would not have purchased it outright but it came with the deal and the mortgage is paid by them every month so...I fix things as they break. The main focus of the property is my shop and the shed that I rent out. The apartment thing is just to pay the mortgage.

karst41

I am not a sign store owner nor do I intend to ever make a sign. I find describing what I need and purchasing them from one of you to be much easier.

I have moved to north Alabama, and I did not see much of this in the metro Atlanta area, but there are a plethora of post signs to commercial properties where the latest tenant was unable to
use the old sign and found another way to advertise their business. Apparently, there is no existing code to remove signs along roadways that become an eyesore over the years - I'm talking
about signs where the owner of the property probably doesn't want to pay for removal, and perhaps the municipality's hands are tied because it is private property.

I imagine people familiar with this forum would know how these types of signs are dealt with in areas that routinely take out abandoned signs - I don't tend to see them as much in larger metropolitan cities as I do smaller cities.

I have attached a couple of local pics, I know one is being used for other types of signage, but I could have posted dozens that fit my description from the area.

Thank you for reading!

Lets put it into perspective.
Before this is taken down. Find out how much to install New,,,

Better yet,,, Leave it standing and Rent It Out.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Different story. I was thinking a commercial tenant.
Oh yes...I should clarify, my commercial tenant is really good. The place is packed pretty full so I assume he plans to stay for a while. He pays me upfront yearly, which is really nice!