• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to turn an image into a cut file??

Brad Petersen

I have a customer that has this T Shirt but he wants to put it on the back window of his pickup I'm having a hard time getting it turned into something that I can cut into vinyl. Willing to have someone convert it for me if that what it takes

Attachments

• motorcycle.JPG
    motorcycle.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 348

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Carefully trace it, with whatever tools you have and it will then be a vector file. Again, with whatever software and tools you have.... send it to your cutter.

Brad Petersen

Carefully trace it, with whatever tools you have and it will then be a vector file. Again, with whatever software and tools you have.... send it to your cutter.
The problem I keep having is that the black and the gray blend together and I am getting a really rough edge

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it's too difficult for you, either ask for the original artwork from which to work..... or send it to someone like the Vector Doctor, a Merchant Member here at s101.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
While I appreciate the referral something like this is impossible to trace. Here is a closeup view

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 2.11.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 2.11.22 PM.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 316

Bert Wondervan

I have a customer that has this T Shirt but he wants to put it on the back window of his pickup I'm having a hard time getting it turned into something that I can cut into vinyl. Willing to have someone convert it for me if that what it takes

The image is too small and very poor quality, do not you have the bigger picture? you may be able to take a new photo.

Andy D

Plus... Even if you had a perfect vector file, that image has way too much detail to cut from vinyl as it is.
Your customer needs to be informed that the image will need to be simplified.