• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Printer recommendations

patrickj75

I'm new to the business. I currently have a friend printing my vinyl but I've been looking for an affordable HP large format printer. I'm not sure which model(s) are worth looking at. I mainly work on ATV/motorcycle graphics kits. I use 30" media minimum. I'm also open to other brands. I have had experience with HP as a CAD drafter that's why I'm starting there.

nate

I'm new to the business. I currently have a friend printing my vinyl but I've been looking for an affordable HP large format printer. I'm not sure which model(s) are worth looking at. I mainly work on ATV/motorcycle graphics kits. I use 30" media minimum. I'm also open to other brands. I have had experience with HP as a CAD drafter that's why I'm starting there.

If you're looking for an HP, I still have one of the 42" L25500 units for sales. Looking to get $5,000 for it. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks,
Nate

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If you're looking for an HP, I still have one of the 42" L25500 units for sales. Looking to get $5,000 for it. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks,
Nate

Man I called and left a message for you dad I have a guy who wants that unit right now. Call me or PM me ok

rjssigns

You will need around 3 times that amount to get a used printer. Or you can follow the thread about the WIT Color printers from China. chris190 is getting a dual DX5, 1.8m wide for $6500.

The bare truth is if I new then what I knew now I would outsource everything. I have 54" Roland that only gets used for last minute rush jobs and short lead jobs.

Think of it this way. Once you get a client to buy then you have to babysit the printer, then laminate. Subbing out means you can lock down another client/market while someone else frets about the product. We are doing this more and more.

Subcontracting also opens up product lines. I am doing 16ga laser cut and etched chassis tags for a race shop. Do I have the laser? No. But a friend has a 1000 watt Hitachi that makes the product for me. Client orders 100's at a time. Slam dunk.

J Hill Designs

I have an 64" hp 9000 for sale. Needs a new pump, and a new head. I'd sell it for 1800.

and for what its worth you can probably fix the pump with new tubing ($40 for 25 yds of it) and rearrange the heads to only print CMYK, putting the bad head on lc or lm [caveat: unless its electrically fried, and not just clogged beyond repair]

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I can get you a used HP-Z6100 for about $2600 but you will need a laminator and to do the applications you want its not ideal for but can be done. I would reccomend outsourcing until you have enough capitol to do it the right way.