• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I love signs

JC

Hey sign people!!!

My name is Jordan and I just started a sign business.
I have been working in sign shops for almost 10 years.

One of my best jobs was working with 2 guys who run Egraphix out of Fort Lauderdale FL, a mobile sign team who ran signage for Senior PGA golf tournaments.

I worked for several shops in NJ,CA,MD,VA....and yes I'm nuts like all the other sign owners...lol...

My goal is to learn better design and software skills....although my hands on skills are very good and super fast.

I have so much I want to learn here...can't wait to dig in.

I feel like I have finally found my home....:peace!:

Jordan Carl
1shotsigns.com

OldPaint

have you checked with the HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION here to see if you QUALIFY for residency????)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))welcome.....

JC

hey guys thanks for the welcome...I just wanted to touch on one thing.
As I became better and better at this craft over the years I started to realize how many of my bosses really didn't know what they were doing and the only reason they decided to buy into a sign business was because....well simply put...because they could....

for that reason and more to this day, is one of the main reasons why I strive to show these clowns up and will never stop until my name is at least well known in my state and hopefully more....

Sorry I had to get that off of my chest....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA……………….

Do this because you really have a passion for it and get rid of the bitterness. That extra baggage will just weight you down and keep you from learning to your fullest potential. Don’t use their shortcomings as your goal.

Good Luck…………….​

i love signs too

nice to hear of someone starting a sign company because they've actually worked in the industry and decided it was time to go at it on their own...you might *MIGHT have half a chance. good luck to you and welcome

jiarby

As I became better and better at this craft over the years I started to realize how many of my bosses really didn't know what they were doing and the only reason they decided to buy into a sign business was because....well simply put...because they could....

Well,

THEY had the two magic ingredients that makes a successful business...
1. Money
2. Brains

It takes lotsa money to startup & run a business. Just because the owners don't know how to apply vinyl to MDO doesn't mean that they don't know what they were doing.

They were smart enough to HIRE someone to do the $20/hr work, while they focused on the $100/hr work. Smart businessmen HIRE the talent that they don't have themselves.

Talented workers have the mechanical knowledge to do the work, but not the practical knowledge to manage a business & cashflow. They frequently also are woefully under capitalized to "weather the storm" for a year or two while they learn the ropes.

You'll do well if you run your business well...just applying decals well isn't enough.

Best of luck to you & welcome to S-101

high impact

Welcome...

As a multiple business owner I want to encourage you to not call other successful business owners "clowns". They may not have the skill set or ability that you have but they have what they have for a reason - and it's not because they are "clowns". I guarantee there are many things that you learned which can help you become successful as well. I hope you begin to recognize those things.

Attitude is your number one asset or liability! ;-)