• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need some help working with a Chinese printer.

John Thomson

The issue here is not the rip software drivers.........with this printer you do not send print files directly to the printer ( unless using Maintop rip).......you output as a .prt or .prn file, save to hard drive, then import into the Epson control software (sometimes this has an OEM name).

What is missing is the control software.....the entire printer is run via this software, cleaning, test prints, speed, quality, head voltages......the list goes on.....in fact all the things that a Roland or Mimaki key panel does.
This is one area the Chinese save money......why have an expensive keypad when software can do the same job.

The Titanjet site looks to be down......which is a pity because the software can normally be downloaded here.

john

stanakanats

Can someone send me a rip format file to test print with. I have the printer driver software.....but i don't have a rip yet to test with.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, you came here looking for answers in a thread about 6 years old. That's not too bad, but when someone gives you an answer you don't like..... you're the new kid on the block. You aren't gonna make any friends that way and you probably won't find much help or answers with your attitude. What he said is 100% absolutely true. You might try looking on maintop's website and getting help from them. Most people here have well-known software from manufacturers who service and help what they sell.

Johnny Best

What I thought when I first read the post's headline...my bad

Attachments

• chinese printer.jpg
    chinese printer.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 96

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why is chow mien giving us the finger ?? Doesn't he like us ?? Must be a communist kinda thing.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Why is chow mien giving us the finger ?? Doesn't he like us ?? Must be a communist kinda thing.
He's flipping off the guy who jumped into a zombie thread, and didn't like the irrelevant advice to his irrelevant post, then demanded we don't post if it isn't helpful.