• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I think I am done working for myself....

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
No one around to torment except for 2 parrots and my wife...

Rick

I miss people and the smell of sweaty men and the occasional bossy receptionist...

GypsyGraphics

i know EXACTLY how you feel... working alone is getting pretty damn lonely!

i miss people and sweaty men too!

retirement occasionally crosses my mind... but then what the hell would i do with myself?

Rick

I'll retire when they find my dried carcass at my desk gripping a pencil, pen or mouse.... after 6 years of being overly responsible, working for someone would be a break, plus my work lately is freakin' boring.

I sent out a few resumes already... so far they offer very low pay or too qualified

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
retirement occasionally crosses my mind... but then what the hell would i do with myself?

Run a forum.
dog42.gif

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I sent out a few resumes already... so far they offer very low pay or they don't pay enough

The older you get the more over qualified you become.

One of the first jobs I had was working for an employment agency. We used to make up a guy like you and call up companies pretending to be looking to place you but actually getting entry level and janitorial listings.

You should write books.

Rick

I've dumbed down my resume and some people still thought I was overqualified after talking to them on the phone

During my employment, most of my employers and a few fellow employees wrote books and articles, there is not money in it unless you add marketing to it... most successful design firms and a few sign shops hire a marketing consultant. I may need an artistic release like a blog, but I need to have a website up to take advantage of it.

Or a nice cushy desk where I can chat with fellow designers and shop guys and take interns out to eat and pick their brain at what they are learning at school.

Rick

Oh and I forgot, my last job had endless munchies, good coffee, the vendors would give tons of food near the end of the year... which is why I am so porky, good local restaurants, office outings... :(

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ground Floor Business Opportunity

cat16.gif
mouse_runs.gif

We could open a cat ranch.

Don't laugh. Hear me out. I've got an option to lease 40 acres of land nearby. It's all fenced in and ready to go. We stock it with 100,000 female cats and enough males to breed them all. The annual yield should be around 1,000,000 cats a year. The market for cat pelts to fur lined glove manufacturers is 90¢ a piece ... so the gross should come in around $900,000.00 a year.

The problem that plagued me for years with this proposition was, "What do you feed these cats all year when you only have 90¢ a piece to work with?" Then it hit me. It was so obvious!

We run a fence down the middle of the property and put all the cats on one side and stock the other side with about a million rats. Nobody cares about rats and they breed ten times faster than cats. So we feed the rats to the cats and solve that problem.

The only other problem is what do you feed the rats. They don't produce any revenue. Then it hit me. It was so obvious!

After we skin the cats for their pelts, we have their carcasses leftover.

So we feed the rats to the cats and the cats to the rats! We end up with 1,000,000 pelts a year and move to easy street! And we haven't even considered the franchising potential.

OldPaint

get yourself a few wild women, be their daddy, and you will be suprised at all the smelly men you can attract)))))))))))))))))))

Rick

No women, especially wild ones... it's what probably got me into this mess in the first place...

Dave Drane

cat16.gif
mouse_runs.gif

We could open a cat ranch.

Don't laugh. Hear me out. I've got an option to lease 40 acres of land nearby. It's all fenced in and ready to go. We stock it with 100,000 female cats and enough males to breed them all. The annual yield should be around 1,000,000 cats a year. The market for cat pelts to fur lined glove manufacturers is 90¢ a piece ... so the gross should come in around $900,000.00 a year.

The problem that plagued me for years with this proposition was, "What do you feed these cats all year when you only have 90¢ a piece to work with?" Then it hit me. It was so obvious!

We run a fence down the middle of the property and put all the cats on one side and stock the other side with about a million rats. Nobody cares about rats and they breed ten times faster than cats. So we feed the rats to the cats and solve that problem.

The only other problem is what do you feed the rats. They don't produce any revenue. Then it hit me. It was so obvious!

After we skin the cats for their pelts, we have their carcasses leftover.

So we feed the rats to the cats and the cats to the rats! We end up with 1,000,000 pelts a year and move to easy street! And we haven't even considered the franchising potential.
I can send you a couple for free Fred. I have had it with them pissing on my verandah! Please send me some guns!:frustrated:

Craig Sjoquist

lol feed the cats rats the rats cats lol Fred your nuts .

Rick challenge yourself take a break for awhile and get back to it.

BobM

You just need to set your sights on a new, more inovative circle design. Work on it and see if it doesn't get your juices flowing again.

ams

I am sorry to hear things aren't going according to plan. I hope to never work for someone else anymore, tried of being yelled at all day long.