• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

inks

Jack Knight1979

let me help.
I used Triangle for about a year and really loved it. I hated the smell though.

then out of the blue magenta stopped working. Even after TWO print heads. New lines, gaskets, yadda, yadda.

nothing fixed it except OEM inks. Bam. worked perfectly.

Now i'm on solaris inks from fellers and they work pretty solid. Lil' more odor and oem, but performs the same.

Letterbox Mike

I switched to Clearstar's MaraJet ink for a couple months in our JV3 and JV33, results were not desirable to say the least. Went back to OEM before we fried a print head (or all of them), I'm pretty sure it was in the near future if we stuck with it. Clearstar was extraordinarily helpful with the situation and even flew out some folks to go over our printers with a toothed comb, but unfortunately the problem persisted. So thumbs up to Clearstar as a company, but thumbs down to the ink.

Currently running OEM, I still want to switch to aftermarket, just can't decide. I'm hearing alot of positive things about the Fellers Solaris inks too...

MikePro

Bordeaux has always worked great for me, over the past year... having mild print head issues, but I'm chalkin' it up to 5 years of solid printing just wearin' em out. Never liked the smell tho', was way worse than Mimaki inks.

Tempted to change over again, but I still haven't heard of any other aftermarket really standing out... might just start fresh again with mimaki inks, who knows.

Letterbox Mike

If you can get reliable printing, yes, absolutely. We're going through anywhere between 30-50 cartridges per month between our two printers, that can add up to a savings of $15k-$20k+ in a year. That's a free printer every year. But if your printers are not running reliably or you're experiencing alot of downtime or bad prints, no, it's not worth it.

MikePro

I keep an extremely clean printer, and have gone through at least 50 cartridges since switching over... only issue is degrading quality in prints, but I chalk it up to the heads wearing out after 5 years of printing.

if anything, don't go bulk ink system... i've hear nothing but bad things.

Rydaddy

Have used both in our JV-3, currently running triangle inks. Main reason for running these is obviously the price, some little annoying hiccups here and there... but nothing that has made me willing to start paying an extra $35 to $40 more... We have since added an exhaust system, the triangle inks are not eco-solvent. And your nose knows it!

artbot

slowly switching my printer over to triangle as each space runs out (i do very little printing. mostly concerned about ink color and formulation. i print on metal and veneer).

so far the yellow is awesome. very much a different yellow. has lots of clean pop. the mimaki is almost a gold dye compared.

cdiesel

If you're not doing some decent volume, stick with the OEM.

We run Triangle inks (bulk) in both of our Rolands, and absolutely love them. Then again, the machines get cleaned thoroughly everyday, average about a liter per color per week each, and have a duster sitting next to them.

theColorist

If you are thinking about changing inks, you should take a look at Fujifilm Sericol Color + Ink Series. I have swapped out inks for several presses, including Rolands and Mimakis. and in all of them the inks works like a charm every time.

jbb

I switched to Clearstar's MaraJet ink for a couple months in our JV3 and JV33, results were not desirable to say the least. Went back to OEM before we fried a print head (or all of them), I'm pretty sure it was in the near future if we stuck with it. Clearstar was extraordinarily helpful with the situation and even flew out some folks to go over our printers with a toothed comb, but unfortunately the problem persisted. So thumbs up to Clearstar as a company, but thumbs down to the ink.

Currently running OEM, I still want to switch to aftermarket, just can't decide. I'm hearing alot of positive things about the Fellers Solaris inks too...

We've been running Clearstar in our Roland Versacam and is working well. Agree with the support. We've been happy since the switch.

mark in tx

I've been using Triangle in a versacamm and an XC-540 for about 4 years now. Fantastic ink.

Let me give you a rule of thumb that I kinda pulled out of my butt,
if you are not using at least 2 magenta cartridges a week, then bulk is not for you.
If you are using a liter of bulk magenta a week, then you need to step up to a faster printer.
If you are using a liter of magenta a day, how the hell do you have time to post here?

WOODBS

I've been using Triangle in a versacamm and an XC-540 for about 4 years now. Fantastic ink.

Let me give you a rule of thumb that I kinda pulled out of my butt,
if you are not using at least 2 magenta cartridges a week, then bulk is not for you.
If you are using a liter of bulk magenta a week, then you need to step up to a faster printer.
If you are using a liter of magenta a day, how the hell do you have time to post here?

not sure i want anything from there but thanks...i have switched and all is well

C

ColoPrinthead

I have had good luck using Sawgrass inks on HP5000s and JV3s that were running Dye Sub inks.

artbot

switched to triangle a month ago. the ink dries a little slower than SS2 and the smell is a bit stronger. that said, i think it will be less troublesome in the machine as far as maintenance goes. when you clean the heads at the cleaning station, i've noticed less pronounced "cap rings" from the heads sitting on the caps for some time. also, the colors are unlike i've seen in most process color. the yellow is very yellow, not goldish. and the magenta is more of a hot pink red. the black is more dense as well. maybe i'm wrong on this one, but the inks seem to have a bit higher gloss. durability wise, same as SS2 for scratch and adhesion, very very grippy scratch resistant ink.

there's no way i'm going back to SS2. it is inferior to the triangle ink.