• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's here it's here!

Letterbox Mike

I can't believe that fit in the back of that UPS truck!

Maybe I'm tired and my sarcasm radar is malfunctioning, but just in case you're actually serious, it didn't... Came in a semi, I had it shipped to a rigging company, they unloaded it onto a flatbed and brought it here and set it in place for us. It is not light, I think it would flip that UPS truck up in the air if we tried to set it in there!

CES020

I hope you are going to wrap it, it's ugly :)

My vote is a big fat mouth that's opening, so it looks like all the work is getting spit out of the machine :)

Letterbox Mike

CES020, it is ugly, super ugly actually, it's 50's medical green, I do see a wrap in it's future...

Ken, We got the ISA show special on it, $95k all in with freight, 3 days training and white ink, normal list how we optioned it would be about $105k so we saved $10k with the show discount (they were basically including white ink for free). Seems to be about the best all-around deal on a flatbed out there right now considering it's capabilities.

CheapVehicleWrap

Damn I hate when they delivery stuff to the wrong place! What the heck is that HUGE crack in the floor? Have someone empty that peanut hopper to avoid such vibration.

Awesome Mike nice move... So psyched to see shops grow into new tech...
The irony is that a shop like yours is gonna out grow that machine in a year to 18 months.

Impressive job getting in the flatbed world. Hope you got 2nd / 3rd shift operators.. Your growth without a doubt is gonna need it.

Bro you have now reached the point of growth to ask every day "whats next"..

My question to you is now you are gonna grow with your new press and how the hell are you going to cut, pack and ship it all..

The finishing bottleneck in flat work is way overlooked. Who the heck is hand cutting all the volume needed to support profit from a printers ROI.. " cool we printed on this nice machine" but if not finished because of bottleneck, packed,shipped and billed (slow cash flow)...

Sorry bro "good problem" tell your bank you need to buy a Zund. I know it is painful but the profits combined with print capabilities is money in the bank..

Need a Labor vs. Machine ROI let me know..

Sorry for the bootleg post... Just throwing experience out there as I know we bounce stuff off time to time...

Typestries

Agree with Mike, put a CNC cutter of some sort on your list next. You are gonna need it. Almost everything here (minus maybe basic coro wall cutter stuff) gets CNC cut. Nothing better than loading a full sheet, printing, then cutting, and getting a finished product with almost no hand work whatsoever. We can easily bang out standees (or anything) and their easel backs by the hundreds.

Letterbox Mike

As soon as the space next door opens up a cutter is going in, it's at the top of the list, just no room whatsoever as it is.

We made a colossal mistake moving into this space 3 years ago, we planned for a poor economy thinking we'd see minimal growth and took a space that was what we needed at the time but allowed no room for future growth. Fortunately the opposite happened and we saw significant growth, but we're crammed in here like sardines. Honestly though, keeping our overhead stupid low is a factor in the growth, it allowed us to put a lot more money into marketing than we could have otherwise, but it's a definite catch-22...

Justin

$95K? Oh. My. God.

How long does a printer like this last? lifetime?
What kind of warranty do they give on one of these babies?

How thick of stuff can you print on?

OH. MY. GOD. Congratulations! I know I will never have a shop myself that needs something like this, but damn I would love to work at one!

PS: let me add.. if I win the half billion tonight I will buy a couple, and give you some free prints.. Hell I would probably build a building, and put you all in it, and say make me some MONEY!

Letterbox Mike

$95K? Oh. My. God.

How long does a printer like this last? lifetime?
What kind of warranty do they give on one of these babies?

How thick of stuff can you print on?

OH. MY. GOD. Congratulations! I know I will never have a shop myself that needs something like this, but damn I would love to work at one!

PS: let me add.. if I win the half billion tonight I will buy a couple, and give you some free prints.. Hell I would probably build a building, and put you all in it, and say make me some MONEY!

Haha this thing is bottom-of-the-barrel cheap compared to real production machines. Go price out an Inca S40 or an HP 7600 if you want to flip your lid...

Max thickness is 2.25".

Play your cards right and you'll have fun toys too, think positive! Or move up to Ohio, we may be hiring soon... (-: