• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion I've owned an HP R1000 since April 2019, ask me anything

Lunar Graphix

Button Pusher
So have you got a rough estimate on square foot printed compared to the ink you’ve used?

Depends on the quality you're running at.
Right now we spend a few thousand a month on ink, we replace 1-2 boxes a day.
Mostly run at "production" quality versus "pop" or whatever they call it

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Text me - 785.331.9360
I'll send you a picture of the settings we use for our 0.32" 12x18" ACP. Zero head strikes in months now since we got it dialed in

EDIT: yeah I put my phone # on the internet... whatever. I don't usually answer so just text me.
If it's important you'll leave a voicemail and I'll call back, otherwise it's probably the robots again.
Will do! Thx!

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
I've got another question - PrintOS related. Is there a way that set Center/Center as default across all?

Brandon708

I was referring to the heat sensitive lever. After printing with mine I haven’t run into that issue. So I don’t recommend doing that anymore.

Brandon708

Also as for heat I’ve notice the R1000 doesn’t run that hot. I believe the curing temp is around 140 degrees. My HP Latex 360 runs way way hotter at 220 degrees. Before I got the R1000 I thought I was going to have to build an extraction hood for all the heat but it’s not as bad as the HP 3 series printers. If you put your hand over the curing section you can barely fee the heat.

Brandon708

Not sure how the machine seems to get faster. I just check Print OS and timed my wife printed 100 double sided 18x24 in 1:38

Lunar Graphix

Button Pusher
As far as speed we just printed (50) double sided 18x24 signs in 57 min at 3 Pass.
Loaded 3 sheets at a time.
I've timed us many times. we can do 45 double sided yard signs per hour @ 3 pass

Luckily I've trained the employees well enough that they are also packing these one off orders as they print. Very efficient!

cornholio

you can cheat. The only issue is white ink...that removes with a brush and isopropyl quite easily.

Printing on the belt isn't what you should do all the time.
I can tell you that, as a R-Series certified tech since June 2018.
White ink on the belt will instantly create problems, since the edges of the mediae can't be detected anymore.
When a lot ink is deposited on the belt, the vacuum is impaired, but the ink will also accumulate on the platen, where the belt runs on.
But then, it's incredibly easy to change a belt.
I'm also a EFI Vutek Field Service Engineer and the difference changing a belt on a Vutek GS and a HP R1000 is unbelievable. (Vutek can take days, HP around 2 hours)

Brandon708

I've timed us many times. we can do 45 double sided yard signs per hour @ 3 pass

Luckily I've trained the employees well enough that they are also packing these one off orders as they print. Very efficient!
Not sure if you do this but for example if I have 100 double sided signs to print I just send 200 and just flip the boards to keep it going so there isn't the reload process for the other side.

SeeEmWhyKay

Print Plug & Pigment Procurer
Hey all- new here but long time lurker. We are rocking an R2000. Have an order for customized white non glare ADA signs which we intend to flatbed print to first, CNC to shape and then apply tactile and braille. Any suggestions on how to protect the printed portions? It is not the entirety of the sign face, just a couple of the corners. I just don't want the print to get scratched off or flake away. I know solvents will destroy the bite pretty much instantly and these will be outdoors and likely in contact with some hoodlums. Any feedback is much appreciated.