• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jesse KILLS IT

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I agree with Pat. Jessie's bike is pretty much plain jane - done tens of thousands of times over. It's a nice bike and looks good but I also think the rake is stupidly high making it near unridable as you have to look around the neck and handlebars just to see forward. Senior - well - the show is called American Chopper and he is not even building a bike let alone a chopper - he lost before they even started building. Junior wins - the design itself is very minimalist but it's over the top with bling. I dig the rivets but it's a bit more copper than I'd like.

One thing I do disagree on is on Junior and Seniors shops only building bikes with off the shelf parts and lots of bling. You regularly see both using english wheels, pounders, mandrel benders, etc making custom tanks, fenders, exhaust, covers, etc. There is only but so much you can make from scratch on a bike. One of juniors recent creations even had a 100% custom made in shop aluminum I-beam frame. I can understand that it would simply be time/cost prohibitive to fabricate everything possible in house.

qmr55

Ya gotta give the vote to Jesse.

Sr build a snow mobile with 3 wheels.

Jr's design is cool and all but the rear tire is skinny....

CES020

I think it's ironic that when the show started, Jr. kept wanting to do new, creative things, and Sr. kept complaining telling him you didn't need all that stuff that when he started, he built things by hand and didn't use all this fancy stuff and it wasn't needed.

Now Jr. builds from his head, they make many things by hand, and OCC knocks the designs out in modeling software and then have CNC machines cut it all, and now Sr. thinks Jr. doesn't have the ability to make things because he doesn't have all the modern things OCC does.

Which is it? When you were all over him before, it was because you didn't need all that stuff to make great bikes, but now, when he's making things the way YOU said they needed to be made (without computer design, etc.), then you flip and say that you HAVE to have those things to make great bikes.

The old man is a sad, sad man. I also think he looks worse every season. His face is getting really thin and he looks horrible. Imagine what would happen if he'd learn to say he's sorry for being a jerk, and have some pride in what his kids are doing.

Deaton Design

Jesses bikes have looked exactly the same for the last twenty years. He can only build one kind of bike. And, he's a jerk. Needs to learn the word humility. Srs bike? is something from Jason Pooles inner recesses that no one understands. Jrs bike, is state of the art and although there are some things I would probably change on it, it is by far the best bike. That tank is awesome, and they didnt buy it anywhere. They made it.

signage

Jessie James is bike is no different than Peter Fonda's bike from Easy Ride 1969 ERA!

Paul Sr.'s is more like the new Can-Am Roadster Customized!

Paul Jr.'s is more custom, Single arm rear suspension, Single sided front fork tubes. Could someone show me these features on other bikes. More original than the other two. Isn't that what custom means?

ProWraps looks like you are stuck in the past! Those hardtail frames are things from the past, can not be ridden for long times without suffering lower back problems. Now being you are from CA you have roads more conducive to these dinosaurs!

stephenj148

I LOVE BIKES. Jesses bike is really badd@$$ looking, regardless of the "stuff people have been building for years" still a great bike.

I voted Jr. Bike. Its different and a different kind of bike.

And Sr. Well for a "bike build off" I disagree with his choice of snow machine... however, say he built it out of competition... we'd all be saying how cool it is.

sar bossier

As much as I loathe Jr., I have to swallow HARD and admit I think he beat out Jesse. Although I like Jesse's bike, Paulie knocked it outta the park, though I agree with others, a little less copper would have been better.

Mason

The "Chopper" thing is over once again, just like the 70's the fad came and went. As much as I like Jesse James, because he is a true old school builder, Im going with Jr. on this one. The new craze in the industry are Baggers and Bobbers, Choppers are dead for at least another 30 years until the cycle comes back around..

JERHEMI

Jr. doesn't only beat the others, he blew them out of the water!!! His bike was AWESOME! Jesse's bike isn't nothing special and he is a big jerk! Sr.'s "contraption" is just plain stupid! It's cool that it runs on electric, but did you see those fenders flappin' around?!? At high speeds not only are those things going to fly off, the driver is going to fly off as well! That is the stupidest thing having the driver lay down! As soon as you turn a corner the driver will roll right off! Think of it as tubing off a back off a boat when you lay down like that on a tube...a little bump in a wave or the boat makes a turn that person on the tube rolls off! Overall, Jr. is just simply talented and builds awesome bikes period. Sr. is just jealous and continues to just try and knock him down. That really is sad too being that he is his son. As far as Jesse, like I mentioned earlier, he is just a big jerk! I was just sitting there shaking my head in discust with the crap that was coming out of his mouth! Jesse is the most jealous of all!

Flame

I gotta say JR won. That thing is very, very sick. Jesse's is just another chopper. Been there, done that, nothing too special and I'm over choppers. The snowmobile...wth? Where did that idea come from?

Love seeing these guys build stuff ;)

signguy 55

Wish they would stick more to the fabrication than watching Sr. go to gym and work out or sit by the pool with his other half playing up to the camera about family problems. I never get tired of watching guys build stuff, just keep the "arguments" totally staged for the camera out of it.

Jesse J. acts and talks like he's had a few too many doobies if you know what I mean.

FatCat

I vote for Jr. - and no, not a fan of his either. But when you look at overall creativity, (without going way out of left field like Sr. - WTF space snowmobile?!?!?) originality and workmanship Jr's bike wins. Too bad Jesse didn't try to do something a little more original.

ForgeInc

I'd agree that Jesse's could have had more originality, but I totally loathe the whole "theme" bike concept. The pictures on discovery.com show a lot more detail on the bikes, there are some nice subtle touches both Jesse and JR did to their bikes you don't get from the show. But I think jesse's wins, because his is quite simply a stripped down motorcycle, (though I do think the bars are a bit extreme) not something that is super flashy and over the top with bells, whistles, smoke, etc.

It's just a matter of preference, for me I guess it's similar to the fact that I would much rather watch a small independent movie with unknown actors and a great story than see some hollywood blockbuster with special effects and beautiful people.

All that said I think JR will win. Will be interesting to see what Jesse's new show will be, I have to say he is pretty entertaining to watch.