• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jet best vs Bordeaux

gabagoo

hey! I am from southern ontario as well and am looking for a good place to buy ink. I recently purchased the mimaki jv300-130s and am trying to decide on which inks to use. Where did you purchase the jet best from?
Max Media in Markham... Ask for Tiffany

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I have been using Bordeaux for a couple years and love it. Just found out my supplier (premier color) is not carrying it anymore...Where is everyone buying theirs at? I want it in bulk (1 liter bottles). Fellers has it in 440 but not 1 liter?

We buy directly from Bordeaux. Through Amazon. We called them and they emailed a link over. We use 1L and its cheaper than Fellers or Glantz, free shipping on orders over 2 bottles.

SameDay Signs

Many may know I've been using Jetbest for over 5 years in our Mutohs once I decided to move away from OEM. I've never had a problem with their inks. I briefly changed over to STS end of last year but had to switch back to Jetbest after a few months due to slow drying and issues with certain materials using it. Now I'm back to Jetbest - wish I never left...would have saved me thousands in wasted materials. Not trying to badmouth STS, and if it works for you great - it didn't work for us. Jason and his crew at STS were always great to deal with, just wish their ink would dry faster.
we our running dual jv33s cmyk and wondering how the ink holds up unlaminated and drying off the printer....we do TONS of coro signs and short term stuff that isn't getting laminated and still need it to hold up for a year or so and just want to know how the ink holds up...were in ohio so should have same weather as you....my concern is i went with nazdar awhile back and it looked good printed well but didn't hold up unlaminated even on cheap bumper stickers for more then a few months....the triangle inks i have we can honestly probably print a 4x8 banner throw it outside and its good for a couple years color wise...so if you have any feedback for color lasting outdoor time frame unlaminated and how color compares let us know ... who doesn't want to save money and i currenly go through a set of ink a week roughly and sometimes alot more in summer

FatCat

The ink holds up just as well as OEM in my opinion. We do lots of coro signs, banners and such that receive no lamination, no issues to speak of, no customers coming back with any complaints. *I will state that "fading/color" is different than "scratching/abrasions" - if you hit a banner or yard sign with something sharp/hard enough to make a mark it will do so, but keeping color without major fading isn't an issue.

gabagoo

I have had very few problems with the ink, if any at all. I think it has a bit of a stronger odour and that's about it...

SameDay Signs

The ink holds up just as well as OEM in my opinion. We do lots of coro signs, banners and such that receive no lamination, no issues to speak of, no customers coming back with any complaints. *I will state that "fading/color" is different than "scratching/abrasions" - if you hit a banner or yard sign with something sharp/hard enough to make a mark it will do so, but keeping color without major fading isn't an issue.
awesome good to know i understand the whole scratching issue i t was mostly just making sure the fade resistance was in line with others before laminations....have you heard of fauna? wensco it selling 880 ml carts for only $85 im super interested as there carts and easier/less messy but ive never heaver of the brand before either

FatCat

awesome good to know i understand the whole scratching issue i t was mostly just making sure the fade resistance was in line with others before laminations....have you heard of fauna? wensco it selling 880 ml carts for only $85 im super interested as there carts and easier/less messy but ive never heaver of the brand before either

No I haven't heard of Fauna. FWIW - I was VERY leery about switching to 3rd party inks back in the day, but talked to several people who gave me their experience with JetBest before I tried it. Now, all these years later I know it was a good decision.

I know there are other inks out there, but I am of the mindset "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". While OEM ink isn't "broke" per se, the cost difference is a no-brainer. The amount of money we save each year is nothing short of amazing.

studio10

Using jetbest ink (500ml ink bottle with refill cartridge, plug & print system) over 10 years. First used them on an old Mutoh Rockhopper I with DX2 printheads, last 7 years using jetbest on a printer with DX5 printhead. No problem so far. Durability and scratch resistance is ok.

autoexebat

Using jetbest ink (500ml ink bottle with refill cartridge, plug & print system) over 10 years. First used them on an old Mutoh Rockhopper I with DX2 printheads, last 7 years using jetbest on a printer with DX5 printhead. No problem so far. Durability and scratch resistance is ok.

Same setup here , no issues so far other than a kept getting cartridge uninstalled error , cleaned the micro momentary push button switch and it's find now. I also think the seals are kind of crappy on the refill cartridges. I'm not too sure how often these need changed ?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
It's best to refill the refillable cartridges while they are in the machine, rather than removing them, as the seals will start to leak after being repeatedly being punctured by the ink needle.

autoexebat

It's best to refill the refillable cartridges while they are in the machine, rather than removing them, as the seals will start to leak after being repeatedly being punctured by the ink needle.

Yeah always have done that until I had to take the printer apart to clean the micros switch . thats when I noticed .