• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jeti parts from Agfa Guess how much..

Mike, just out of curiosity, on those shields and clamps, is there anything remotely special or are they something that could be fabricated by any half-witted machine shop or metal-working shop?

I quite honestly do not have time to find out nor wait for a shop to make these. Easier to have shipped next day pop em in and get up and running. Downtime only about 14 hours...

Some times you pay through the nose for things being a convenience.

Letterbox Mike

I quite honestly do not have time to find out nor wait for a shop to make these. Easier to have shipped next day pop em in and get up and running. Downtime only about 14 hours...

Some times you pay through the nose for things being a convenience.

I figured that, in general was just curious more how they justify $5k for what looked like an 8" piece of bent sheet metal (if that's all it is).

CS-SignSupply-TT

money, money, money, money...money

Why would I sell the machine off? I have owned 2 3150's for 4 years and they print 24/7 and do not owe me a dime.. They print Money all day and night... Like I said would lose more if machine was down,,,

If I had issue with the price I would not of ordered the parts. Also who the hell is going to buy a machine knowing it needs a $5,000 part.

Also would never never ever own an Agfa product again..

Besides printing MONEY, I like your last comment, "...Also would never never ever own an Agfa product again..."

Makes you wonder what the former Pitman is thinking?!?! WOW!

Typestries

LMAO, just went through it.......carriage bearing block.....$145 from rexroth, back ordered for 45 days, or $900 from agfa. How generous, they are shipping overnight from europe for a flat $50. Wow, what a bargain! Ordered a bunch from rexroth to put in inventory.

Again, the price of getting work done!

Mike - for the future...http://www.honleuv.com/service-support/ have ordered from them before back when Gandi was defunct and we needed parts

particleman

In our short year as Agfa customers we found out that they will bend you over if you are out of service and have to buy parts. It is INSANE indeed. Even their lamps compared to what we pay now for our hp were about 3x as much.

jhanson

Wow. AGFA has managed to make the Israelis running EFI-VUTEk look generous in comparison. That's no small feat.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
For that price, a local machine shop would probably have been willing to work 4 guys on doubletime pay, had them to you in 4 hours and probably made you a few spares, and gave you a generous helping of lube ahead of time and probably a courtesy reach around. That is freaking insane!

artbot

some tech needs to quit his job and start an aftermarket flatbed parts website. the basic consumables, motors, belts, and such. reading these posts is what caused me to avoid a "real flatbed" a super tiny shop like mine with sales of $8k-$12k a month would be flattened with a single repair.

WB

I'm not surprised at all...

I was recently Quoted over $3800 for 2 lamps and a small fan for our Agfa.. I found all the parts online for under $600 I think.

I'm surprised Agfa wouldn't have at least tried to pretend like they were giving you a good deal. I'm sure you spend more then most of our shops make a year on Ink and supplies

particleman

Just my opinion but it appears Agfa's acquisition of pitman just closed the loop in their distribution chain allowing them to charge whatever prices they want for their equipment, oem ink, and consumables. Right before we sold our Anapurna M our supplier informed us they would not be able to get Agfa ink anymore and we would have to go through Pitman. Great for them, bad for customers. Something to consider if you are looking at Agfa.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
EFI is the same way....they have you over the coals when it comes to parts as well I have to say.
Mike....I think they mixed some sand and walnut shells in for texture for ya with those prices. Damn.....

DoubleDown

Mike and all,

We used to have this issue till started working with SPDI lamps, they pretty much make any reflector, oem UV lamps, you name it for half the cost. We send ALL our lamps to them and they refurbish them, clean the reflectors, etc and they work better than new. I bet I have saved over $50K easily using people like them for new lamps and reflectors.

http://www.spdiuv.com/

oh yeah and tcs...awesome people

http://www.tcsuvlamps.com/products/UV-inkjet-lamps.html

premiercolour

Merchant Member
QS3200 print head from Vutek= $4,000-$6,000. Seiko 510/35 + same heater from last print head= $1,350 shipped.

QS3200 UV Lamp $400, our UV lamp is $145.

Both worked excellent - always repeated customers.

These parts I would find from China. But single one DX4 solvent print head - buy from merchant members.

cwb143

Yeah Agfa never heard of the Internet I guess. Digitech is the way to go for parts
service. digitechusa.com

biggce55

Get parts via Honle, I needed two reflectors, and a shutter profile for out 1224 and AGFA quoted us $2700. Bought the parts via Honle for $811. Took 3 weeks to receive, so we limped along for that time with a warped shutter profile. The set of reflectors from Honle were $616, and the shutter profile was $195.

We still carry the service contract via AGFA, and that was a blessing when our 4x8 table separated and bubbled up in the upper middle part of the table last summer. They replaced it under contract, out of pocket would of been 20k! I know Carlos is now working for Digitech, and he was the best tech we experienced with Gandi/AGFA.

Dave Rowland

surely thats a design fault bubbling up!

Our agfa m2050 service contract in the uk about to be reviewed.. oh eck! its been reasonable but we did have the first one and worked with agfa to get it right but seeing some of the costs to frighten us.