• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kia Ora from the bottom of the world

GB2

Old Member
Simon, you sound like a very amicable fellow who will both contribute and benefit a great deal from this board. I don't generally pay much attention to all the new people coming and going as fast as they came but today I bid you a hearty welcome!

Dave Drane

Thanks all

Shovelhead - Aussie and NZ are about 1800km (1000 miles?) apart. About a 3 hour flight.

Its a given that an Aussie will try to give a Kiwi lip and vice versa. Similar to the US/Canada relationship.

Lots of people from here move over to Aussie as there are a lot more opportunities over there. NZ only has 4 million people vs Aussie 20 million

I like Aussie except there are too many Aussies there, other than that its a very beautiful country. :clapping:

And would the last Kiwi to leave please turn the lights out!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The funny excent is what gives you guys away!!:peace!:
I have employed several kiwis in the past and they are always good when it comes to taking the piss out of them.. The love/hate thing is really just good fun!!:toasting::toasting:

Siguy

Thanks all for the great welcome.

rdmo1 - sorry mate (or matess) but it is a beautiful summer here. Even in the depths of winter its not too bad where I live, no snow or anything, but when you get that southerly roaring up from Antarctica its nice to be somewhere else. We often try to go to the Northern hemisphere in our winter to escape. Had an awesome trip in the US last year but my personal favourite is Thailand as they are lovely people who seem to stay happy whilst having almost nothing. Kim speaks fluent Thai and has a lot of friends there from when she owned a bar on Ko Samui. Luckily we are able to arrange our lives to spend a couple of months a year overseas.
As New Zealand is so far from anywhere you really have to go for a while to get value for money.

Slapakiss - We've got three of our own but generally there seems to be 6 or 7 hanging around at home. I'm happy they seem to feel comfortable with us and happy my own children are social animals.

Where abouts in PA are you? We spent a month in Pittsburgh last year as Kims sisters little girl (8 years old) is over there getting a quad transplant at the childrens hospital. I loved PA in the summer but I'm not so sure about the winter :)

GB2 - thank you.

isign - there is a town in the South island of NZ called Paradise. I had to check if you were from there. I see you're from Hawaii, funnily enough the native Maori of New Zealand call their (mythical?) homeland Hawaiki but thats believed (by DNA) to be in the Society Islands. We're all Pacific Islanders though aye?

Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea about Kiwis and Aussies not liking each other its mostly to do with sports. Mainly Rugby which is like American Football except no helmets or padding and its quicker and the 15 guys on each team stay on for the whole game unless they're concussed or have something broken. Kiwis are very good at it.....Aussies well...not so good :ROFLMAO:

anyway enough raving, you'll all be sick of me soon enough.

cheers S