• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lets go back in history

Fatboy

I love this place and don't think I can run my business without it.
But lets go back in history on this site.

1) Fred why did you start this.What gave you the idea...some historical data please.
2) Dumbest question ever asked
3)Most popular member
4)Most hated member of all time
5)Funny posts
bla bla bla come on guys lets go back in memory

remember when............fill in the details

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you use the search button, it has been explained many times. You don't wanna make extra work for Fred do you ??

There's also an All-Star category somewhere if you feel like reading that sorta stuff.

Fatboy

If you use the search button, it has been explained many times. You don't wanna make extra work for Fred do you ??

There's also an All-Star category somewhere if you feel like reading that sorta stuff.

No I don't want to search I want us to discuss,remember things, laugh about things and so on.

What was your first post Gino?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're not getting it.... we've already discussed, laughed and remembered all kinds of things. If you want to, why not try it for yourself ??

My first post ?? Ah, I don't really know. Probably some kinda b!tchin' about sumptin'. If I remember right, it was probably about people in the sign business who can't spell or communicate worth a sh!t.

C

ColoPrinthead

Probably some kinda b!tchin' about sumptin'. If I remember right, it was probably about people in the sign business who can't spell or communicate worth a sh!t.

Sounds like just about every other person on here.

I wish I had been aware of this forum and it was as active as it is now when I first went into large format.

Fatboy

You're not getting it.... we've already discussed, laughed and remembered all kinds of things. If you want to, why not try it for yourself ??

My first post ?? Ah, I don't really know. Probably some kinda b!tchin' about sumptin'. If I remember right, it was probably about people in the sign business who can't spell or communicate worth a sh!t.

The" we" you are referring to might not have been here when it was discussed at the time.So I tell you what, why don't you go and welcome some new members somewhere and let the rest of us have a nice discussion. Maybe even go and find and reff Addie. He has been missing for some time now.:ROFLMAO:I am so funny.

Pat Whatley

I don't know who the first member was but you can dang well bet that as soon as the second member posted the first member jumped his *** about not introducing himself first.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The" we" you are referring to might not have been here when it was discussed at the time.So I tell you what, why don't you go and welcome some new members somewhere and let the rest of us have a nice discussion. Maybe even go and find and reff Addie. He has been missing for some time now.:ROFLMAO:I am so funny.

So, you can't get your way, you want to tell me off, what to do and cover it up by putting a laughing icon there. Okay, that makes it all bwetter.

Wouldn't it be better if you just hit the search button and did something on your own for a change and let the others do their thang ?? :rock-n-roll:

Addie's not here and although I don't miss him, I am concerned because he's never been gone this long. He might need help and there you are....... harassing him.

Fatboy

Gino, you still here........go away!

oh and :ROFLMAO:

nearly forgot but I just saw some new members on the forum.......of you go!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
1) Fred why did you start this.What gave you the idea...some historical data please.

Fred did not start the forum, some guy named Eli, when he was not interested in the forum anymore, he offered it up.. Fred took over. Probably the best thing to happen here.

2) Dumbest question ever asked... it was not on this forum, but it was discussed here and it turned into a forum war of sorts... best that is left alone for now.

3)Most popular member-there was the "CHICKLET" thread that would have answered that, but had to be turned off as the place went chicklet happy.

4)Most hated member of all time - probably should refer to the chicklet thread

5)Funny posts - the chicklet thread is full of them...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Link to the first post or a very nearly first post.

Link to Chicklets thread.

Shortcomings of a forum I was a regular at caused me to seek out another forum. It was started by Eli Browning. Here's a link to a thread discussing the changeover. And ANOTHER similar discussion. Basically Eli was in it for a quick return on investment and had placed display advertising in all the trade journals for which he was not willing or able to pay. He also never mentioned this to me when I agreed to assume ownership of Signs 101.

2) Dumbest question ever asked

Take your pick from HERE. Probably THIS ONE.

3)Most popular member

iSign

4)Most hated member of all time

iSign :ROFLMAO:

5)Funny posts

Take your pick from HERE. Probably THIS ONE.

Please Note: All these links are to threads in the premium forums. If you aren't a subscriber, you won't be able to read them.

CES020

One post that sticks in my mind is the guy who posted the photo of his "sick looking" wrap that the customer LOVED, only to have it identified as a very famous photo from the war in Cambodia, I think. If I recall correctly, the photographer contacted him about using a photo that showed skulls of people that were slaughtered in a war to wrap a vehicle. It was looking very ugly there and we never heard another word from the guy, I don't think.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One post that sticks in my mind is the guy who posted the photo of his "sick looking" wrap that the customer LOVED, only to have it identified as a very famous photo from the war in Cambodia, I think. If I recall correctly, the photographer contacted him about using a photo that showed skulls of people that were slaughtered in a war to wrap a vehicle. It was looking very ugly there and we never heard another word from the guy, I don't think.

Yes, I remember that one and am not surprised by his absence. It was in incredibly bad taste.

Then there was the inane chatter between a now banned member from Austin, Texas and another one from Maine that holds the record for the most complaints received.

Pat Whatley

The company that ordered it all is still proudly displaying the multiple wraps and their display. What chimney supplies and stacks of skulls had to do with each other I'll never know. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.321318481784.147296.319995046784&type=3