• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique please.

peavey123

Hey All, I've been working on this in between real work to give these guys an nicer look. Right now their logo is just a serif font. I'd like to get them something nicer but I need your help.

Their colours are gold-ish yellow and burgundy, so I tried to use those colours here.

So what's good? What's bad? Let me have it. I admittedly haven't put much time into this so I'm expecting to get savaged.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• burlingtonairconcept.jpg
    burlingtonairconcept.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 115

Circleville Signs

It isn't terrible, and it has good contrast. I prefer the first one because the linework completes the image.

Personally, I don't care for the script that you chose.

MikeB

My completely unprofessional opinion is that I like the outlining of the logo and background circle in a, but the coloring of b

peavey123

It isn't terrible, and it has good contrast. I prefer the first one because the linework completes the image.

Personally, I don't care for the script that you chose.

Thanks, Now that you say it I'm doubting it too. Seems too baseball team-like. hmm...What font to use?....

WI

Try making the cameo in back burgundy instead of that cream color. Make the dropshadow a black or an even darker burgundy. Right now, the only thing that really hops up is your dropshadow, and that's making everything kind of hard to read.

John Butto

If you say that you have not spent to much time on it, and you have a really nice layout so far, just put some more time into it and it will look even better. It has the slant, background graphic, drop shades, ribbon, heating and cooling, etc.

slappy

nothing to do what so ever with the thread, but is that really you in your avatar??? Or Freddie Prinze Jr?

if that is really you, wow you could be twins.

Marlene

too many "&"'s try bullets between the top and bottom lines and keep the "&" between the heating &

the Burlington looks squished, did you force the lenght on the font? if so, don't, if not pull it out some.

hahaha Take that back. Ya, it's me.

totally off topic too but you are cute!

Joe Diaz

My only advice would be to switch some colors around on your main copy. Right now the drop shadow has all the strength. If the lettering for "Burlington" were that dark red, and the drop shadow were a tan, that lettering would really jump out at you and be much easier to read. Give it a shot and see.

Jillbeans

The drop shadow almost looks like it has a different light source than the red shadow.
I do prefer that version.
Try bullet points between the top & bottom services rather than the ampersands, as Marlene suggests.
And I've always thought you were uber-cute.
:)
Love....jill

peavey123

too many "&"'s try bullets between the top and bottom lines and keep the "&" between the heating &

the Burlington looks squished, did you force the lenght on the font? if so, don't, if not pull it out some.

Awesome point about the "&" symbols! Thanks Marlene. I believe i did force Burlingtons length out a bit yes..

totally off topic too but you are cute!

haha Why thank you.

I was just going to say i liked you in Summer Catch :loveya:

and all the I know what you did last summer..... 1&2

hahaha too funny..I showed my gf your post. She howled and is now wierded out by that thought. It's not the first time I've been told I look like that dude. Now, Lets stay on topic peoples!! :D

My only advice would be to switch some colors around on your main copy. Right now the drop shadow has all the strength. If the lettering for "Burlington" were that dark red, and the drop shadow were a tan, that lettering would really jump out at you and be much easier to read. Give it a shot and see.

Will do thanks joe.

Thanks everyone. I'll post my revisions sometime soon.

peavey123

The drop shadow almost looks like it has a different light source than the red shadow.
I do prefer that version.
Try bullet points between the top & bottom services rather than the ampersands, as Marlene suggests.
And I've always thought you were uber-cute.
:)
Love....jill

Thanks Jill. I've always enjoyed your critiques.

peavey123

Okay, so here's a revised version based on your suggestions. I would really like to try one with a different font for "Burlington" This logo has made me realize my severe lack of good script fonts. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Attachments

• burlingtonair2.jpg
    burlingtonair2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 93

laserman70

like the newest one much better..
only issue i see, is the negative space below the burlington and below the heat & air..
my eye goes straight there..
i would increase the ribbon and text with heat and air..
just my .02

Attachments

• burlingtonair2.jpg
    burlingtonair2.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 86

peavey123

like the newest one much better..
only issue i see, is the negative space below the burlington and below the heat & air..
my eye goes straight there..
i would increase the ribbon and text with heat and air..
just my .02

So make the ribbon larger in general? or just height-wise? I didn't want to cover up too much of the "g" in Burlington.

laserman70

I agree about covering the g.
height wise.
leaving the top line of it where it is..
may give the negative space an even weight

Caitlin

This thread is funny :ROFLMAO:

I think the Burlington in red pops out much better! Something about the first version was fighting a little too much with itself.