• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo critique

jkdbjj

Looks like an anvil in the thumbnail.

Unless absolutely necessary, I'm not a fan of putting a heavy white outline around a letter to create contrast on half a background, because then the letters on white look 1/2 sized. This is a logo. It should be well planned out and not have tension spots purposely inserted.... anyway of this nature. When placing unknown copy on various backgrounds, this is an acceptable practice, but not here.

Now, I don't like the swoosh at all. It's far too gimmicky.

What's with the partial Subaru logo ??
Yeah those stars are identical to Subaru.
:banghead:
I freaking HATE doing this!!!!!!

jkdbjj

Just for the hell of it, I did receive a completely different direction, so is this a yea or nay in direction?

v3.jpg

Moze

My logo is a flop and I'm not a designer, so just my two cents....

I like the diamonds better than the dots, and I would do the colors in order (CMYK).

signmeup

What is all that crap supposed to represent? The inane swoosh and the ghastly Crilee not withstanding, a logo is supposed to symbolic at a glance.

Spelling out the actual name of the entity as the main element and cross hairs on a map of enemy territory, or whatever the hell it's supposed to be, are the product of a 4th rate talent operating at full capacity.
While I wouldn't have used the same language... bob kinda nailed it on critiquing the first concept. :notworthy:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Go to Google > Images, and type in CMYK. Report back as to your findings.

Aye-Aye my Captian. I didn't know we now were taking orders, but hey.... what do I know. Like he said, I hardly know when people are serious or being a pompous butt.

Anyway, reporting back my Captain and I would say it is a bout 50/50 of using CMY vs. CMYK.

So, what did this meager little survey reveal ?? You were wrong, half wrong or partially right ??
:design:

WildWestDesigns

Go to Google > Images, and type in CMYK. Report back as to your findings.

I wouldn't get caught up with absolutely needing all 4 to be present.

Dan posted one on his Facebook page that only had CMY represented. And out of order as well. It was CYM. I've seen quite a lot of others that only had 3.

Colin

Ahh, you’re in one of those moods eh Gino?

Sorry, my findings are not of 50/50 as you’ve suggested. The vast majority are CMYK.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, you’re in one of those moods eh Gino?

Sorry, my findings are not of 50/50 as you’ve suggested. The vast majority are CMYK.

Nope, no mood, eh. You're correct. :Sleeping:It was about 20 out of 50. More like 40%. I did a quick count.

Still, I don't see your point. In most of the world over..... the majority of laymen, along with people in the trade only need CMY and still fully understand the concept. Funny part is..... on my old Roland, I rarely used CMYK and used CMY and CYM according to what kind of black I wanted. I also had a choice of starting out with yellow and have even more combinations.

Colin

Still, I don't see your point. In most of the world over..... the majority of laymen, along with people in the trade only need CMY and still fully understand the concept. Funny part is..... on my old Roland, I rarely used CMYK and used CMY and CYM according to what kind of black I wanted. I also had a choice of starting out with yellow and have even more combinations.

But a logo isn't designed for people in the trade who understand the minutiae of 4 color process, but the general public, who, I suggest, would probably resonate better with the K included.

Ahh heck, most people think we just "hit a button" or use paint, so what the hell. :Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
But a logo isn't designed for people in the trade who understand the minutiae of 4 color process, but the general public, who, I suggest, would probably resonate better with the K included.

Ahh heck, most people think we just "hit a button" or use paint, so what the hell. :Big Laugh

That was kinda my whole point. :peace!:

jkdbjj

I just wanted to give some closure to my thread, and in case anyone was interested. Here is the final version for this project. Site will launch in a week or so, wish me luck.

ip.jpg