• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo critique

jkdbjj

So, I mentioned I have a project developing, and it will be launching in a few days. We are narrowing down some logo designs, and I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

vi.jpg

Circleville Signs

That's really nice! I might try a different font, just because the serifs on that one will be a bit*h for many applications like digitizing.

The concept overall is really solid.

jkdbjj

That's really nice! I might try a different font, just because the serifs on that one will be a bit*h for many applications like digitizing.

The concept overall is really solid.
So on the fonts, like where the edges get real sharp is that what you mean? Or for like t-shirts etc? Just trying to understand.
I actually am not a huge fan of the font, only because of the waviness towards the tips. I have a designer working on it, so I will give that feedback to her and just ask for a different style.

Thanks.

Colin

Good, but I don't like the way the text tapers down. The ".com" is also at a different angle than the text above it. It should be the same. And yes, a different font.

Mosh

I have seen the swoosh part1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times before..

I am guilty of using it 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times....

WildWestDesigns

So on the fonts, like where the edges get real sharp is that what you mean? Or for like t-shirts etc? Just trying to understand.

From an embroidery digitizing standpoint, trying to digitize that for a logo crest size is going to be a logistical issue. The main thing that is going to get you is size. The bigger you go, the more effects you are able to do. Those points at the end are an issue depending on the size.

Embroidery, unlike print for the most part, has a minimum size that you have to be aware of. You can do more in embroidery then people realize, but size is your enemy. I wish more people would be aware of that.

10sacer

I have seen the swoosh part1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times before..

I am guilty of using it 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times....

Yep... everything around here that has to do with NASCAR corporate has the swoosh in it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Not a fan of the swoosh but it works, so keep it. i like the subtle forced perspective that makes it look like its floating, kudos to not over doing it. in the colored version if the swoosh and the .com are the only black elements it sort of looks wonky, tray tweaking the colors and probably stick to two. other than that, good job.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like it, but think you've taken too many liberties on changing the boundaries of your state. Also, I don't quite understand the four quadrants with the cross and cross hairs ??

To me, maybe because it's an election year, but it looks like a political party divide of your state.

I see where you're coming from with the swoosh, but I think I'd use the normalcy of your states boundaries instead.

HaroldDesign

It's nice, but I can't get away from thinking it's a train, because that's what I saw the thumbnail to be before taking a closer look.

jkdbjj

First, thanks for the feedback. We have not abandoned the initial logo, we are reworking it with some of the feedback.

With that said, I wanted to post a different version, to get responses. Should we continue to develop the first, or is this more appealing since the slant is gone and so forth?

vi2.jpg

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What is all that crap supposed to represent? The inane swoosh and the ghastly Crilee not withstanding, a logo is supposed to symbolic at a glance.

Spelling out the actual name of the entity as the main element and cross hairs on a map of enemy territory, or whatever the hell it's supposed to be, are the product of a 4th rate talent operating at full capacity.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like an anvil in the thumbnail.

Unless absolutely necessary, I'm not a fan of putting a heavy white outline around a letter to create contrast on half a background, because then the letters on white look 1/2 sized. This is a logo. It should be well planned out and not have tension spots purposely inserted.... anyway of this nature. When placing unknown copy on various backgrounds, this is an acceptable practice, but not here.

Now, I don't like the swoosh at all. It's far too gimmicky.

What's with the partial Subaru logo ??

jkdbjj

My concern about the logo is how it will look on business cards, it seem long left to right