• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mayweather/Ortiz ...an expensive cheap shot

Letterbox Mike

Fortunately my common sense get the better of me and I didn't buy it on HBO. Ortiz isn't that good and shouldn't have let his guard down against someone like Pretty Boy. Mayweather is a punk but he knows what he can get away with and technically that sucker punch was legal. Low-class but legal.

Mayweather needs to man up and fight Pacquiao, that's one I'd pay a small fortune to see. I have a feeling he wouldn't be pulling cheap shots like he did against Ortiz, but it would be a heck of a fight.

MikePro

if I got headbutt'd like that, I'd be pissed too!
Ortiz is a chump for letting his guard down, especially when you've got a class fighter looking for any way to get back at you.

legal or not... payback is a B

iSign

if I got headbutt'd like that, I'd be pissed too!
Ortiz is a chump for letting his guard down, especially when you've got a class fighter looking for any way to get back at you.

legal or not... payback is a B
agreed!
both were cheap shots!

HulkSmash

Mayweather is a pathetic. He only fights people he knows he can beat. He WONT fight pacquiao, because he'd get destroyed. I guess it's a good strategy to stay unbeatable.........

signmeup

Mayweather is a pathetic. He only fights people he knows he can beat. He WONT fight pacquiao, because he'd get destroyed. I guess it's a good strategy to stay unbeatable.........
Pathetic? He looks pretty scary to me. How long would you last with this "pathetic" fighter?:rolleyes:

briankb

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I know for sure is that I agree completely they should fire Larry Merchant. Or at least suggest strongly he finally retire. Max Kellerman is much a better and due for a promotion to prime time IMHO.

Then again I stopped watching boxing a few years ago and watch MMA now.

iSign

It didn't look like the outcome would have been any different anyway.

...so you watched the whole fight?

You don't think it could have had any chance to be sport, instead of head butts and sucker punches?

clearly, given the opportunity, either one of them can deliver a KO punch... personally, I like seeing the long process of strategically toughing it out through the exhaustion, waiting to seize a real opportunity to beat your opponent when he is actually in the fight, giving you his best defense...

I don't care if the glove tap assault was just rewards for Ortiz's own cheap shot... it's still winning on a technicality, instead of besting him with honor

ProWraps

I don't care if the glove tap assault was just rewards for Ortiz's own cheap shot... it's still winning on a technicality, instead of besting him with honor

you pay these clowns 40 mill for a fight and your expecting them to "best each other with honor"? now thats funny.

signworxonline

The fight ending was a huge disappointment, but the fight up til that point was decent ... Mayweather was winning the rounds but didn't truly look dominating, and Ortiz seemed to hurt Mayweather a bit with punches just before the frustrated headbutt ... could have gotten interesting if it went further.

Of course that being said ... I would much much rather see a Mayweather - Pacquiao fight over an Ortiz rematch for sure.